Wednesday, September 8, 2021

West Bloomfield has their new Boys Basketball Coach.

Written Wednesday September 8th at 4:00 PM

West Bloomfield has found their new boys basketball coach.

The Lakers named Arnette Jordan as their new head coach. Jordan takes over the program for Jeremy Denha whom left to take the boys basketball job at Utica Ford II.

Jordan brings a ton of coaching experience. He coached at Detroit University Prep, Detroit Denby, and Detroit Martin Luther King. He also coached the AAU program "The Family" where he had a ton of success including a National Championship.

"You know coaching is in your blood you either have it or you don't and if your not in it then you don't understand it. I have waited for my chance to get back at the helm of a high school program. I turned down a couple of jobs because I promised myself the next time it will be the right one with the right fit. What I didn't know it would be the job I always wanted. God is good all the time without a further a do I would like to announce that I have accepted the varsity head coaching position at West Bloomfield High School. Time to get down to work" said Jordan in a Facebook post.

Jordan was an assistant at Oakland under legendary coach Greg Kampe and also was an assistant at Kent State where he had two NCAA Tournament and one NIT appearance with the Golden Flashes.

Jordan is a Detroit Cass Tech alumni. He led the Technicians to a Detroit Public School League title as a player and played college basketball at Georgetown and Jackson State.

Jordan has a solid group in Mitchell Seay, Sean Patrick, and Davier Burt coming back. The Lakers will be in the Red with Clarkston, Oak Park, Ferndale, Adams, Farmington, and North Farmington. They are at home for their district which has Orchard Lake St. Marys, Birmingham Brother Rice, Bloomfield Hills, Groves, and Seaholm.

Thoughts

This is a home run hire. When I talked to History Now host and Between Taormina's co-host Anthony Taormina and he was very ecstatic about the Jordan hire. He knows Jordan very well. Jordan should fit well into the Lakers culture. I think he will be at West Bloomfield long term. I have a ton of confidence that he will keep the program strong especially with program strength.

West Bloomfield should be very competitive in the Red. The Red is very good this season with Clarkston, Ferndale, and Adams returning a ton of experience. Oak Park, North Farmington, and Farmington are also solid teams as well. The district is very challenging with Orchard Lake St. Marys, Birmingham Brother Rice, and Bloomfield Hills being very tough challengers.

I think Athletic Director Eric Pierce hit a home run with the Jordan hire.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest on this developing story

Eric Pierce statement

https://westbloomfieldathletics.com/2021/09/08/arnette-jordan-is-named-the-new-varsity-boys-basketball-coach-for-the-lakers/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.