Saturday, September 25, 2021

Early Basketball Rankings.

Written Saturday September 25th at 12:00 PM

Basketball season is only a few weeks away. These are not the official rankings. That comes in mid-November when the season gets closer. 

Here are my top ten teams for now but things could change a month from now.

Girls

1. Clarkston: Wolves have a ton of experience coming back for new coach Aaron Goodnough. Ava Hernandez looks to be the X factor this season.

2. West Bloomfield: Lakers have a lot of experience coming back. Depth is the question mark though for new coach Darrin McAllister.

3. Stoney Creek: Cougars are back to being “Team Finebaum.”

4. Lake Orion: Olivia Peplowski is the X factor for an experienced Dragons squad this season.

5. Troy: Lizzy Bultynck is the X factor for the Colts this season.

6. Oxford: Curious to see how the Wildcats will replace Mackenzie Methner. Looks like the pressure is on Miranda Wyniemko and Peyton Ritcher.

7. Groves: Jordan Peterson is going to have to do a lot more for a Falcons squad that is in a transition.

8. Troy Athens: Ellie Mustko really stood out for the Red Hawks in the final weeks last season. Could be a possible sleeper in the White.

9. North Farmington: Halee Rogers is the key in the interior for the Raiders this season.

10. Adams: Really like what new Coach Joe Malburg has done with the Highlanders. Madison Kessman, Samantha Blaine, and Ainyah Howard should be the key players for the Highlanders.

 

Boys

1. Ferndale: Chris Williams is the X factor for the Eagles this season.

2. Clarkston: Zach Austin is the X Factor for the Wolves this season.

3. Adams: Welcome back to Michigan Gunner Walters.

4. Bloomfield Hills: Blackhawks have a ton of depth which makes them dangerous.

5. Lake Orion: Jeff Perkowski is a name to watch this season for the Dragons.

6. North Farmington: The addition of Ryan Hurst and Prince Jackson makes things interesting for the Raiders.

7. Rochester: New coach with proven experience could mean great things for the Falcons.

8. Berkley: Bears junior varsity from last season is a big reason why they could be in line for a good year.

9. Troy Athens: Is Alex Justice ready to take things over in the post for the Red Hawks???

10. Troy: Colts have foundation pieces in Darius Whiteside and Mason Parker to watch this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.