Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Fall Basketball Rankings.

Written Wednesday September 8th at 11:30 PM

Hello to all, these are not the official basketball rankings that comes in November. These are the fall rankings to what I have seen or heard from the offseason so here is my fall rankings along with the top six teams to watch.

Boys

1. Ferndale- Eagles are loaded with proven experience.

2. Clarkston- Wolves have a lot of experience coming back.

3. Bloomfield Hills- Blackhawks have a lot of experience coming back

4. Adams- Highlanders are the breakout team to watch this season.

5. North Farmington- Never ever underestimate Todd Negoshian.

6. Lake Orion- If Blake Leidell can play the Brennan Jones/Kyle Loken position then the Dragons are on to something.

7. Berkley- Have faith in experience even though it’s not proven varsity experience.

8. Rochester- New coach and a ton of experience is an interesting recipe for the Falcons.

9. Oak Park- Knights have experience but can they forget last season’s double overtime postseason loss???

10. Troy Athens- Alex Justice is the key to the Red Hawks season.

TEAMS TO WATCH: Harper Woods, Oxford, Groves, Troy, Pontiac, West Bloomfield.

 

Girls

1. Clarkston- Wolves have a new coach but comes from the same breed.

2. West Bloomfield-Lakers have proven experience but depth and coaching are question marks.

3. Stoney Creek- Cougars have everyone back from a team that won a district crown last season.

4. Lake Orion- Look for Olivia Peplowski to have a big season for the Dragons.

5. Oxford- If the Wildcats can find someone to replace Mackenzie Methner then look out.

6. Troy- It will be very interesting to see life without Alyssa Matuza for the Colts.

7. Groves- Jordan Peterson is the key for the Falcons.

8. Troy Athens- Red Hawks have a ton of experience coming back.

9. North Farmington- Sela Lefler is the key for the Raiders this season.

10. Berkley- Bears need someone besides Ashley Loon to step up.

TEAMS TO WATCH: Adams, Rochester, Harper Woods, Seaholm, Southfield Arts and Tech, Royal Oak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.