Sunday, September 26, 2021

I have to be Better.

Written Sunday September 26th at 2:10 PM

I have to do better as a blogger and as a person.

The last week hasn’t been good for me.

I’ve let my emotions and opinions get the best of me which is never a good sign.

In sports journalism it’s always important to keep your emotions and opinions out of things. Sometimes it clouds your judgement which it has for me.

I’ve always wanted to be a podcaster and blogger which I am. I wanted to cover the OAA which I do. One of the premier conferences in the State of Michigan.

We all make mistakes and I’m owning up to mine. I don’t want to offend anybody but I feel like in the past week I have and to those who I offend I apologize.

I will do better with my sources and who it impacts. 

I have too.

Life is full of learning experiences and this is a learning experience for me.

I encourage those who are interested in sports journalism and in my line of work to keep what you’re doing but research every fact and every detail and things will go your way.

I have to be better and I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.