Thursday, May 18, 2017

Track Regional Preview.

Written Thursday May 18th at 10:45 PM

All meets with the exception of the North Farmington Regional is on Friday May 19th.

 (Saturday May 20th) Regional 6.1 @ North Farmington

FARMINGTON
HARRISON
NORTH FARMINGTON
BERKLEY
OAK PARK
SOUTHFIELD ARTS AND TECH
ROYAL OAK
WEST BLOOMFIELD
GROVES
SEAHOLM
Birmingham Brother Rice
Detroit Renaissance
Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit
Farmington Hills Mercy
Livonia Stevenson
Redford Thurston

BOYS PICK: When you look at a favorite heading into this meet, you got to look at Oak Park. The Knights won the Gold meet handily and could very well do well in this regional. West Bloomfield will score some points along with Southfield Arts and Tech. Royal Oak should do well in the distance events but end of the day this meet will be with Oak Park. PICK: OAK PARK.

GIRLS PICK: Oak Park is the three-time defending State Champs for a reason and they have athletes. It will be interesting because Seaholm and Royal Oak should battle it out in the distance events. The Knights will be looking to be on a mission and they should have no problem winning this regional but closer than the experts think. PICK: OAK PARK.

Region 8.1 @ Macomb Dakota

TROY
TROY ATHENS
Chippewa Valley
Anchor Bay
Macomb Dakota
L’Anse Creuse
Macomb L’Anse Creuse North
Sterling Heights
Sterling Heights Stevenson
Utica
Warren Mott
Port Huron
Port Huron Northern

BOYS PICK: This will be an interesting regional with Troy and Macomb Dakota being the two top teams in this regional. I expect Anchor Bay to score in distance events but this meet will come down to the Colts and Cougars, I’ll be shocked if someone comes out of nowhere and shocks everyone. Here I like the hosts. PICK: MACOMB DAKOTA.

GIRLS PICK: Just like the Boys this regional will come down to the Colts and Cougars. Macomb Dakota and Troy are deep and will score a ton of points in this meet. I said Macomb Dakota would win this regional in the Guys while in the Girls I’m going the other way around with Troy winning this regional. PICK: TROY.

Region 9.1 @ Orion

ORION
OXFORD
CLARKSTON
BLOOMFIELD HILLS
PONTIAC
ROCHESTER
ADAMS
STONEY CREEK
Utica Eisenhower
Romeo
Orchard Lake St. Marys
Brandon
Holly
Waterford Kettering
Waterford Mott

BOYS PICK: This is an interesting regional considering it is one of the toughest in the State. Grand Blanc and Romeo are the early favorites with their sprinting prowess, also the Bulldogs won the regional last season but keep an eye on Orion, Oxford, Adams, and Stoney Creek. Orchard Lake St. Marys will score in bunches as well. This will be a really close meet but I think Grand Blanc has a little bit too much for the field. PICK: GRAND BLANC.

GIRLS PICK: When I look at this regional, this is interesting. Orion, Clarkston, Bloomfield Hills, and Utica Eisenhower will score a ton of points. Waterford Mott will be a player in the distance events. Stoney Creek is a dark horse to watch. I can see this meet also going down to the wire but the Dragons have been red hot lately, hey why not this run will continue. PICK: ORION.

Region 15.2 @ South Lyon East

AVONDALE
FERNDALE
HAZEL PARK
Birmingham Detroit Country Day
South Lyon East
Cranbrook-Kingswood
Birmingham Marian
Clawson
Detroit Communication of Media Arts
Detroit Mumford
Detroit Old Redford
Livonia Claranceville
Madison Heights Lamphere
Pontiac Notre Dame Prep
Southfield Bradford
Redford Union

BOYS PICK: This regional will be interesting but when I see whom will win this one, it’s pretty clear. Detroit Mumford and Birmingham Detroit Country Day will be challenges to this team but this team has too much in the field events and sprinting events and that’s Avondale. PICK: AVONDALE.

GIRLS PICK: This one is interesting when you look at this regional at South Lyon East. Detroit Mumford will be a challenge along with Birmingham Detroit Country Day and South Lyon East is a wildcard. I think this will be an upset, I can see the Cougars winning this one. PICK: SOUTH LYON EAST.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.