Friday, May 12, 2017

MHSAA will not go to Flex Seeding Next School Year.

Written Friday May 12th at 3:30 PM

Well the reseeding debate surrounding the Girls and Boys Basketball Districts will have to wait at least another school year.

The MHSAA Representative Council according to the Basketball Coaches Association website voted down the flex seeding and equal division proposal earlier this month meaning that the league will still use the draw from a hat instead of coaches deciding what the district matchups will be for the 2017-2018 School Year.

The Basketball Coaches Association hopes the league will approve the district proposal for the 2018-2019 School Year.

It will be interesting what will happen come in June when the Volleyball and Basketball districts would be released but for the School Year in 2017-2018 the draws will be based out of a hat instead of the coaches deciding how the matchups would be.

Thoughts.

It will be interesting what the MHSAA does when they released the Volleyball and Basketball district matchups in June. I thought personally the league would go this route to flex the seedings and make the district tournament matchups very interesting but instead the league decided to not go with what the regular season records or what the other coaches say should be the matchups and instead left the fate on the pick of the draw.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest developments on this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.