Thursday, May 25, 2017

Softball District Preview.

Written Thursday May 25th at 9:05 PM

Here are my picks and insight on the 2017 Softball Districts.

District 28 @ Orion

ORION vs OXFORD
CLARKSTON vs Waterford Mott

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This is the kiss of death district because you have three teams that had honorable mentions in the State in Orion, Clarkston, and Oxford. The Dragons, Wolves, and Wildcats have beaten each other up in the Red and in tournament play. Waterford Mott has no chance in this district. Whomever wins this district has earned it but looking at it it’s Clarkston that has the upper hand here. PICK: CLARKSTON.

District 27 @ Romeo

ROCHESTER vs Romeo
ROCHESTER/Romeo vs Utica Eisenhower
ADAMS vs STONEY CREEK

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: When I look at this district, Romeo is the best team coming in this district. The Bulldogs haven't had the best of seasons but they are still very talented. Stoney Creek has had a disappointing season but they have a chance to do some damage in this district. Utica Eisenhower is very dangerous as they have the offense to match up with anybody in this district. Rochester is a sleeper but they don't stand a chance to Romeo or against Utica Eisenhower. Adams is nowhere near to the league of Macomb County. At the end of the day it will be the Bulldogs that moves on. PICK: ROMEO.

District 25 @ Troy Athens

BERKLEY vs TROY ATHENS
ROYAL OAK vs Warren Mott

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: There is one team in this district that can do some damage and that’s the Red Hawks. Berkley, Royal Oak, Warren Mott have no chance. PICK: TROY ATHENS.

District 30 @ Farmington

HARRISON vs Farmington Hills Mercy
HARRISON/Farmington Hills Mercy vs FARMINGTON
NORTH FARMINGTON vs Livonia Stevenson

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This district will be interesting but I don’t think anyone is touching the defending State Champs in this district. The Marlins despite having a ton of talent that was lost from their Championship team they still will be a formidable foe. PICK: FARMINGTON HILLS MERCY.

District 29 @ Walled Lake Central

WEST BLOOMFIELD vs Walled Lake Northern
Waterford Kettering vs Walled Lake Central

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This district is interesting but it won’t be an OAA team that won’t win this district. Walled Lake Northern is athletic, Waterford Kettering is solid as well. This is a two-team district, a lot of people are high on the Captains bandwagon but I’m not. PICK: WALLED LAKE NORTHERN.

District 26 @ Troy

BLOOMFIELD HILLS vs GROVES
TROY vs SEAHOLM

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This will be an interesting district because Groves made a run last season winning the district. I think it’s different this time though, Seaholm is a dark-horse to keep an eye on in this tournament. When in doubt go with the team from the Red. PICK: TROY.

District 18 @ Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit

SOUTHFIELD ARTS AND TECH vs Detroit Renaissance
SOUTHFIELD ARTS AND TECH /Detroit Renaissance vs OAK PARK
FERNDALE vs Redford Thurston

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This is a very bad district, no one here really impresses me so when in doubt go with a team that has a Detroit name on it. PICK: DETROIT RENAISSANCE.

District 60 @ Hazel Park

Center Line vs Warren Fitzgerald
HAZEL PARK vs Warren Lincoln

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This district is not the greatest when it comes to talent or teams. Hazel Park has had a down season thus far. Warren Fitzgerald could have a say but at the end of the day it will be Center Line that moves on at Hazel Park. PICK: CENTER LINE.

District 62 @ Avondale

Pontiac Notre Dame Prep vs Armada
PNDP/Armada vs Richmond
AVONDALE vs Macomb Lutheran North

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This district looks interesting but there is one favorite is Pontiac Notre Dame Prep. Although Richmond could be a player in this district as well as they are State Ranked. This one will be interesting but it will be the Irish that moves on. PICK: PONTIAC NOTRE DAME PREP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.