Thursday, May 25, 2017

Baseball District Preview.

Written Thursday May 25th at 9:00 PM

Here are my picks and insight for the 2017 Baseball Districts.

District 27 @ Romeo

ROCHESTER vs Romeo
ROCHESTER/Romeo vs Utica Eisenhower
ADAMS vs STONEY CREEK

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: When I look at this district, Rochester went to the State Quarterfinals last season got a real tough draw despite sharing the Red with Orion. The Falcons have to play Romeo on their home field and if they win that then they have to play Utica Eisenhower. Adams and Stoney Creek will be an interesting matchup, both teams are down a bit so this will be an interesting matchup. I can see Rochester coming out of this district but it won’t be easy. PICK: ROCHESTER.

District 25 @ Troy Athens

BERKLEY vs TROY ATHENS
ROYAL OAK vs Warren Mott

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This district is very interesting, Berkley and Troy Athens split their series earlier in the season. Royal Oak is improving and could very well be a sleeper. I don’t know much about Warren Mott. I can see this matchup going either way with the Red Hawks, Bears, and Ravens. I like the home team to move on. PICK: TROY ATHENS.

District 28 @ Orion

ORION vs OXFORD
CLARKSTON vs Waterford Mott

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This will be an interesting district, Orion swept Clarkston but took two of three against Oxford on route to sharing the Red with Rochester. Waterford Mott doesn’t stand a chance in this district. It will either be the Dragons, Wildcats, or Wolves coming out of this district. I think it will be Orion that will be moving on. PICK: ORION.

District 26 @ Troy

BLOOMFIELD HILLS vs GROVES
BLOOMFIELD HILLS/GROVES vs Birmingham Brother Rice
TROY vs SEAHOLM

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This will be an interesting district, all these teams are very good, very solid. Groves is ranked third in Division One for Baseball came out of nowhere to beat Birmingham Brother Rice in the district last season. The Falcons won the White this season. Birmingham Brother Rice is loaded again and should challenge in this district. Seaholm is the wildcard along with Troy both teams will play each other in the district semifinal with the winner seeing either Groves, Bloomfield Hills, or Birmingham Brother Rice in the district final. In this district, I think that the Falcons are no joke but the Warriors are too motivated to watch this opportunity get away. PICK: BIRMINGHAM BROTHER RICE.

District 29 @ Walled Lake Central

WEST BLOOMFIELD vs Walled Lake Central
WB/WL Central vs Waterford Kettering
Orchard Lake St. Marys vs Walled Lake Northern

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This will be an interesting district to keep an eye on because there are some solid teams in this district. I think West Bloomfield and Walled Lake Northern are the two top teams. Orchard Lake St. Marys is a wildcard team as they do compete in the tough Catholic League. I think whomever wins that Eaglets/Knights game will get to the final to meet the Lakers. West Bloomfield is very athletic and disciplined, it will be the Lakers that move on. PICK: WEST BLOOMFIELD.

District 30 @ Farmington

FARMINGTON vs HARRISON
NORTH FARMINGTON vs Livonia Stevenson

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: Farmington wants to right a wrong after they were upset by Harrison last season in the district semifinals. The Falcons are senior heavy so this could be their last chance of doing some damage for a little while. Livonia Stevenson is also a solid contender in this district as well. The Hawks and North Farmington could surprise some folks. I think Farmington will get to the final but lose to the Spartans, I can’t trust the Falcons in the postseason. PICK: LIVONIA STEVENSON.

District 18 @ Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit

SOUTHFIELD ARTS AND TECH vs OAK PARK
SOUTHFIELD ARTS AND TECH/OAK PARK vs Detroit Renaissance
Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit vs Redford Thurston

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This is an interesting district for the OAA teams here. Oak Park is not very strong but Southfield Arts and Tech is solid. The Warriors won the Gold in their first year as one Southfield and they have been rolling. I thought they got a nice draw and should have a clear path to the final. It will be very tough though as they will likely have to deal with the hosts the Detroit University-Detroit Cubs. It will be a tough task for Southfield Arts and Tech but they will have a lot against them being on the road, it will be the Cubs that will move on. PICK: DETROIT UNIVERSITY-DETROIT JESUIT.

District 60 @ Hazel Park

FERNDALE vs Center Line
FERNDALE/Center Line vs Warren Fitzgerald
HAZEL PARK vs Warren Lincoln

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This is not a good district when looking at it from a baseball perspective. The best team in this district is Center Line. The next team would be Warren Fitzgerald that could pose a threat to Center Line but at the end of the day Center Line has had an interesting season and will look to move on to the next round. PICK: CENTER LINE.

District 62 @ Avondale

Pontiac Notre Dame Prep vs Armada
PNDP/Armada vs Richmond
AVONDALE vs Macomb Lutheran North

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This will be a good district, you have Avondale, Pontiac Notre Dame Prep, and Macomb Lutheran North. Any of these three teams can win this district. I think the Irish got a good draw with the Yellow Jackets and Mustangs having to play each other. I’m not sold on Armada and Richmond. I believe this will be an Avondale/Pontiac Notre Dame Prep Final with the Yellow Jackets moving on. PICK: AVONDALE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.