Thursday, May 18, 2017

Boys Lacrosse Regional Preview.

Written Thursday May 18th at 10:45 PM

Here are my regional picks for the Boys Lacrosse State tournament.

D1 Regional 4 at North Farmington

1. Detroit Catholic Central vs. Bye
4. Walled Lake Northern vs. 5. Milford/Lakeland
2. Northville vs. 7. Walled Lake Central
3. Novi vs. 6. NORTH FARMINGTON/HARRISON

PREDICTION: The Shamrocks are the favorite to get out of this regional because of their talent. I think the Mustangs will give Novi Detroit Catholic Central everything they can handle but it probably won’t be enough. North Farmington/Harrison has no chance of winning over Novi. End of the day I don’t see anyone beating the Shamrocks. PICK: NOVI DETROIT CATHOLIC CENTRAL.

D1 Regional 5 at Orion

1. ORION vs. 8. WEST BLOOMFIELD
4. ADAMS vs. 5. STONEY CREEK
2. BLOOMFIELD HILLS vs. 7. ROCHESTER
3. CLARKSTON vs. 6. Waterford

PREDICTION: I can see the final being the Dragons vs either the Blackhawks or Wolves. Clarkston was supposed to host the regional but due to its field being renovated the regional was moved to Orion. Bloomfield Hills and Clarkston will be interesting in the semifinal. I don’t see anyone touching Orion until the final. If it’s the Blackhawks then it will be a street fight for the Dragons but it’s the Wolves I can see Orion getting their revenge after what happened last year, either way the Dragons are moving on. PICK: ORION.

D1 Regional 6 at Birmingham (Seaholm)

1. TROY ATHENS vs. Bye
4. BIRMINGHAM vs. 5. Utica Ford
2. TROY vs. 7. Warren Mott
3. Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit vs. 6. Sterling Heights Stevenson

PREDICTION: This appears to be Troy Athens best chance of winning the regional but there are plenty of obstacles ahead for the Red Hawks. The first is the Bulldogs of Birmingham, since they are at home, they could pose a threat to Troy Athens in the semifinal and if they get to the final then they could clash with Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit. The Cubs have been a traditional powerhouse but oddly they have the third seed in this regional but that’s pending if they can get by Troy. The Colts are an interesting team to keep an eye on. End of the day though, there is a reason why Troy Athens is a number one seed but it will be a dangerous task for the Red Hawks with those two teams mentioned but they will find a way. PICK: TROY ATHENS.

D1 Regional 8 at Oxford

1. Hartland vs. Bye
4. Grand Blanc vs. 5. Davison
2. Midland vs. 7. Holly
3. OXFORD vs. 6. Lapeer

PREDICTION: The Eagles and Chemics are the two top teams in this regional at Oxford. They have both played tough schedules and in tougher leagues. Midland got a big win over Orion last weekend while Hartland has a great draw. Oxford’s lack of playing tough teams will hurt them here and I think they will lose to Midland. I think this will be a Hartland/Midland final with the Chemics taming the Eagles. PICK: MIDLAND.

D2 Regional 14 at Walled Lake Western

1. Cranbrook-Kingswood vs. 8. ROYAL OAK
4. Walled Lake Western vs. 5. Ann Arbor Greenhills
2. Ann Arbor Gabriel Richard vs. 7. FARMINGTON
3. Dearborn Divine Child vs. 6. Royal Oak Shrine

PREDICTION: Looking at this regional, Cranbrook-Kingswood is easily favored though Ann Arbor Gabriel Richard could give them some trouble. Walled Lake Western could pose a challenge and Dearborn Divine Child could give trouble to Ann Arbor Gabriel Richard. Farmington has no chance getting out of this regional. Cranbrook-Kingswood will show why they are one of the top teams in Oakland County. PICK: CRANBROOK-KINGSWOOD.

D2 Regional 16 at Pontiac Notre Dame Prep

1. Orchard Lake St. Mary’s vs. 8. Bay City Central
4. Saginaw Heritage vs. 5. Swartz Creek
2. Pontiac Notre Dame Prep vs. 7. AVONDALE
3. Flint Powers vs. 6. Bay City Western

PREDICTION: Looking at this regional, the favorite is Orchard Lake St. Marys but watch out for Pontiac Notre Dame Prep. The Irish are at home and could be a playmaker in this regional. Flint Powers Catholic is the dark horse. I think this will be a Pontiac Notre Dame Prep/Orchard Lake St. Marys regional final but it will be the hosts that move on. PICK: PONTIAC NOTRE DAME PREP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.