Saturday, May 20, 2017

Oak Park Sends Four Track Athletes to Division One Schools.

Written Saturday May 20th at 9:30 PM

Oak Park has a great chance of repeating this season as the Division One State Champions in both Boys and Girls Track and Field and these four could be the reason why they could repeat as champions.

The Knights top four athletes in Track and Field signed their National Letter of Intents on Friday at Oak Park.

Cameron Cooper, likely the top Track and Field Athlete in the State of Michigan has signed with Louisiana State. Cooper is the defending 800 meter State champion and competes in the 1600 along with the two relays, the four by two and the four by eight. He also won the New Balance Indoor 800 Meter championship in February.

Bryce Pickett will be heading to Michigan. He is a salutatorian for Oak Park. Pickett competes in the 400 meter dash along with the 200 meter dash along with the four by two and four by four relays.

Tamea McKelvy is heading to Texas. McKelvy is a very strong 200 meter runner, the best in the State so far and is solid in the 100 meter dash. She also competes in the four by one and four by two teams for the Knights.

Carlita Taylor is heading to Columbia. She is a valedictorian for the school. Taylor competes in both the 110 and 300 Hurdles along with the four by one and four by two relays.

These four will be heavily relied upon for Oak Park to repeat as Boys and Girls State Champions this upcoming season for coaches Brandon Giles and Robert Lynch.

The Knights Girls Track team is the three time defending State Champs coming into the State Meet.

We shall see what happens in the State Meet on June 3rd at East Kentwood.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.