Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Bloomfield Hills Names New Boys Basketball Coach.

Written Wednesday May 31st at 10:30 PM

The Blackhawks have their new Boys Basketball Coach.

Bloomfield Hills has hired Phil Kurajian to replace Mike Maryanski according to a very accurate source.

Kurajian will be the Blackhawks third coach in five seasons.

Kurajian coached the Junior Varsity under Maryanski from 2015-2017. He played at Pontiac Notre Dame Prep in the early 2000's.

Bloomfield Hills has not been the same team since 2014 when they went to the Class A State Finals when they had Yante Maten whom is now at Georgia under then coach Dwayne Graves, whom currently coaches at Clawson.

Kurajian takes over a team that finished 10-11 last season. They started the season at 8-2 but finished 2-9 down the stretch losing 54-47 to eventual State Quarter-finalist Troy in the district semifinals.

Thoughts.

This is wasn't a surprising hire but I have major concerns surrounding this coaching hire. Kurajian has no Varsity experience, in which when your in a division in which Bloomfield Hills is in, that's a big concern. He is the seventh coach in 12 years dating back to the Lahser and Andover years before they merged to become Bloomfield Hills.

The Blackhawks will be in a very tough division this upcoming season. The Red will be as tough as ever with teams like the defending State Champs Clarkston, Final Four team West Bloomfield, State Quarter-finalist Troy,  2015-2016 State Finalist North Farmington, Hazel Park, and Southfield Arts and Tech.

It could be a long season in Bloomfield Hills especially with what the Blackhawks have to deal with this upcoming season.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest on this developing story.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.