Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Roberts Reversal on Two Players Transfers shows that It's time for a Change.

Written Wednesday May 24th at 10:30 PM

Jack Roberts has to be the Benedict Arnold in sports.

Roberts whom is the Executive Director at the MHSAA reversed a decision that involved two players whom transferred from Clawson to Waterford Mott for football and basketball. He deemed them both eligible for the upcoming fall and winter seasons.

According to State Champs Sportswriter Tom Markowski, the same guy whom wrote the transfers ineligibility, Roberts said in his ruling that there was some recent information in regards to the two students in question.

The league suspended the two players earlier this month after it was found that the transfers were athletically motivated. They would had been forced to sit out for 180 days but now Roberts had a change of heart.

Roberts said there were two factors that reversed the league’s decision according to State Champs. The first one regarded that there were factual errors in the reports. The second one was that the transfers go beyond athletics and are practical in nature with regards of transportation to and from a particular school, and the third one was that the appeal registered by (Waterford) Mott administrators provided information to the MHSAA that was not presented earlier in regards to residency.

Thoughts.

This change of heart that Roberts made proves in my opinion that the MHSAA is corrupt and that a new change in leadership is needed. Now I’ve invited Roberts to come on my podcast but he hasn’t responded to my request.

I feel really bad for Clawson, they basically got screwed because of this. I thought the MHSAA got it right by banning these two players for 180 days but with a change of heart and new information, these two will be playing football and basketball next school year.

This is horrible and awful either way when you look at it in a professional and ethical standpoint but for the transfers it gives them an opportunity to play right away and continue their high school playing careers. Now if they moved into Waterford then I don’t have an issue with that but I’m disappointed in Jack Roberts and now I’m calling for him to resign.

Here is the State Champs Article from Tom Markowski.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.