Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Hilbers Out at West Bloomfield.

Written Tuesday May 9th at 8:10 PM

West Bloomfield is now looking for a new Girls Basketball Coach.

Zach Hilbers has stepped down from coaching the Lakers Girls Basketball program. He spent six seasons coaching the program taking it over for coach Steve Larkin.

Hilbers also coaches track along with football as an assistant under coach Ronald Bellamy.

West Bloomfield had a tough season in 2016-2017, finishing at 6-15 losing to Farmington Hills Mercy 49-22 in the district semifinal. What didn’t help things was that Hilbers’s team lost center Jamila Elam as she transferred to Birmingham Detroit Country Day in the middle of the season.

Hilbers concludes his six seasons with a 28-49 record. He has coached some great players to come out of the program in Rachel Harnish, Sydney Davis, and Jordan Elam.

West Bloomfield will be very young next season in the White but they will have Mya Bobo, Ellie Soverinsky, and Destiny Monroe returning along with a solid Junior Varsity program.

Thoughts.

I was shocked when I heard Hilbers had stepped down from coaching Girls Basketball but he still will coach football with the Lakers as an assistant and he is a track coach with West Bloomfield.

When I look at West Bloomfield as a program, they don't really need a rebuild but there is talent over at Laker land. If I had to pick the next head coach at West Bloomfield, it’s an easy one for me, in Bert Mosley.

Mosley coached the Junior Varsity team under Hilbers and he has had great teams come out of West Bloomfield. He is a passionate guy whom is committed to getting the Lakers to where they need to be.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest developments on this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.