Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Track and Field League Meet Preview.

Written Tuesday May 9th at 12:05 PM

Here are some of my insight on the league meets for Track and Field this week so enjoy. The Red meet is on Wednesday, the Gold and Blue meets are on Thursday, and the White meet is on Friday.

Blue @ Farmington

Seaholm
Groves
West Bloomfield
Farmington
Harrison
North Farmington

Boys Insight: This will be an interesting meet because there are four solid teams in Farmington, West Bloomfield, Groves, and Seaholm. Groves and Farmington will be huge in the sprints, Seaholm is expected to do some damage in the field events and distance. There is the West Bloomfield factor, the Lakers are athletic and talented and can-do damage in the sprints and relays. Also, Harrison and North Farmington will score some points as well.

Girls Insight: Seaholm looks to be the favorite but keep an eye on West Bloomfield, they could be the toughest challenger to the Maples. Groves looks to be the Darkhorse along with the hosts Farmington. Harrison and North Farmington could score some points as well in this meet.

Prediction: I like Seaholm in the Girls because of their long and mid distance. In the boys, I like West Bloomfield in a tight race with Farmington, Groves, and Seaholm.

Gold @ Oak Park

Oak Park
Ferndale
Royal Oak
Hazel Park
Southfield Arts and Tech
Berkley

Boys Insight: When looking at this meet, Oak Park is the face of this division. Southfield Arts and Tech will give Oak Park some trouble. Royal Oak is a Darkhorse candidate. I don’t expect much from Ferndale, Berkley, or Hazel Park.

Girls Insight: Oak Park is the face of this meet, they are very talented. Royal Oak is solid in the hurdles and Southfield Arts and Tech in the field events. I don’t expect much from Hazel Park, Ferndale, or Berkley here.

Prediction: No one is touching Oak Park here in both Boys and Girls.

White @ Bloomfield Hills

Bloomfield Hills
Troy
Athens
Stoney Creek
Pontiac
Avondale

Boys Insight: There a lot of teams are solid in different areas. Bloomfield Hills is very solid this season but watch out for Stoney Creek they will challenge Bloomfield Hills. Avondale is your Darkhorse team along with Troy Athens. Troy is very improved as well so watch out for them as well.

Girls Insight: Troy and Bloomfield Hills are the best teams in this league. The Colts strength are the distances while the Blackhawks are very athletic and have depth everywhere. This has the makings of a close meet between those two teams. Stoney Creek is your Darkhorse.

Prediction: Girls it will be the hosts Bloomfield Hills, too much depth everywhere else. In Boys I like Bloomfield Hills like the girls, it will be a repeat performance in that area.

Red @ Oxford

Oxford
Orion
Clarkston
Adams
Rochester

Boys Insight: Orion has won the league title in the regular season but Adams will be the team that challenges the Dragons. Oxford is a huge threat in the field events and is expected to do some damage there. Clarkston is deep and Rochester is an interesting team to keep an eye on as well.

Girls Insight: Orion looks really good to take the crown outright but oddly enough it’s not Clarkston that they have to worry about sharing the crown with, it’s Adams. Adams beat Clarkston in the regular season but lost to Orion. Clarkston could do damage to both Adams and Orion.

Prediction: Orion has clinched at least a share of the league title but expect Adams to make a push here in the boys, they could very well win the meet. In the Girls, I’m not sure how Clarkston is going to play this but the Dragons match them depth for depth and I think they will be the ones that win it outright.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.