Thursday, May 18, 2017

Girls Lacrosse Regional Preview.

Written Thursday May 18th at 10:50 PM

Here are my picks for the Girls Regional for Lacrosse.

D1 Regional 2 at Novi

Novi vs. Canton/Salem
Northville vs. NORTH FARMINGTON
Ann Arbor Pioneer vs. Brighton/South Lyon
Plymouth vs. Salem

PREDICTION: This one is interesting, I like the Wildcats of Plymouth making some noise in this regional but Northville could be a team to keep an eye on as well. Ann Arbor Pioneer could be a dark horse team to keep an eye on. I think this will be a Northville vs Plymouth or Ann Arbor Pioneer final with I believe the Pioneers moving on in Novi. PICK: ANN ARBOR PIONEER.

D1 Regional 3 at Troy

Grosse Pointe North at WL Central/WEST BLOOMFIELD
Utica Eisenhower vs. BIRMINGHAM
Grosse Pointe South vs. BLOOMFIELD HILLS
TROY ATHENS vs. TROY

PREDICTION: This will be an interesting regional, I can see the final being Troy vs Birmingham. Utica Eisenhower will be a dark horse contender along with Grosse Pointe South but end of the day it will be a Bulldogs vs Colts regional final. It will be Birmingham that moves on at Troy. PICK: BIRMINGHAM.

D1 Regional 4 at Orion

Waterford vs. Grand Blanc/Lakeland
Holly vs. OXFORD
Hartland vs. ORION/Fenton
CLARKSTON vs. Midland

The main event will be the Dragons vs the Eagles, whomever wins that matchup will win this regional. I’m not sold on any of the others, maybe Grand Blanc but clearly it will be either Orion or Hartland. I think the Eagles reign supreme. PICK: HARTLAND.

D2 Regional 6 at Farmington

FARMINGTON vs. St. Catherine/Tecumseh
Livonia Ladywood vs. Dexter
Temperance Bedford vs. AA Gabriel Richard/AA Huron
Farmington Hills Mercy vs. AA Skyline/WL Northern

This will be an interesting regional. St. Catherine and Farmington will be interesting teams to keep an eye on along with Livonia Ladywood. Ann Arbor Gabriel Richard should have no problem getting to the regional final. This one at Farmington will be St. Catherine vs Ann Arbor Gabriel Richard with Ann Arbor Gabriel Richard winning. PICK: ANN ARBOR GABRIEL RICHARD.

D2 Regional 8 at Cranbrook-Kingswood

Birmingham Marian vs. ADAMS/STONEY CREEK
Birmingham Detroit Country Day vs. Pontiac Notre Dame Prep
Warren Regina vs. GP Liggett/ROCHESTER
ROYAL OAK vs. Sacred Heart/Cranbrook-Kingswood

PREDICTION: This regional will come down too Birmingham Marian vs Warren Regina. The Mustangs and the Satellites. I like Regina to come out of this regional and move on, too much experience. PICK: WARREN REGINA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.