Monday, October 25, 2021

Boys Soccer Regional Preview.

Written Monday October 25th at 4:30 PM

Here is my insight on the two regional matchups around the OAA boys soccer world.

TROY vs Warren DeLaSalle @ Stoney Creek

The Colts went through a very tough district by getting by Royal Oak, Troy Athens, and Berkley. All of them were top ten teams. Troy is the top ranked team in the State and has a very interesting regional at Stoney Creek which also features New Baltimore Anchor Bay and Utica Eisenhower in the other regional semifinal. I can see the Colts getting to the next round to play Utica Eisenhower in the regional finals. It should be a good regional final at Stoney Creek.

 

CLARKSTON vs GROVES @ Novi

These are two teams that haven’t seen each other this season will play at Novi in the regional semifinals. Groves won the White and also their district where they beat Livonia Stevenson in a hard fought district finals. Clarkston is second in the State behind Troy won their district by beating Oxford in the district finals. The other side of the regional at Novi features Walled Lake Central and Northville. It should be an interesting matchup on that side of the draw. I expect this will be a tough match but the Wolves have a little bit more firepower to move on past the Falcons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.