Monday, October 18, 2021

Bloomfield Hills Football. Are they ready to take the next step????

Written Monday October 18th at 3:00 PM

2021 has been a great year for some teams and some not so much.

Could argue that Troy has benefited but another who has benefited from this season is Bloomfield Hills.

The Blackhawks football team is 8-0, their soccer team won a league title, their tennis team won a regional title, and had a strong second place showing behind Troy, and their volleyball program is solid.

I have been really hard on their football team because of the strength of schedule. 

These next two weeks will define the Blackhawks.

The questions I wonder is are they ready to take the next step especially in football???

Are they ready to go to the White??? Are they ready to compete against other strong competition???

Bloomfield Hills is 8-0 for a reason but the questions remain. Can they compete against programs like West Bloomfield and Novi Detroit Catholic Central, two very strong and consistent programs???

These next two weeks will answer those questions.

It is no secret that I have been critical of Blackhawks football but the reason for that is I want to see them succeed. I believe they can do more and away from the Blue.

Now when Bloomfield Hills went down to the Blue in 2020 is because they struggled against the Red like West Bloomfield, Clarkston, Oxford, Southfield Arts and Tech, and Lake Orion. The hope was that they would turn it around.

It sounds like they have.

The question is, is it long term???

We clearly thought that in 2016 with John Paddock at quarterback and Jack Sape on defense. They would take the next step. Bloomfield Hills won the Blue that season and moved back up to the Red. They had a respectable season in 2017 but really struggled in 2018 and in 2019.

Tanner Slazinski had some bright moments last season and in the last three years at quarterback. His replacement CJ Jackson has done a great job this season. Shane Winter and Andrew Sierperski have also been huge as well for the Blackhawks on both sides of the football. The offensive and defensive lines have been solid as well.

The question is can the Blackhawks build up their sub-varsity. Last season they were able to field a freshman program. This season not so much.

These next few weeks will define Bloomfield Hills football. They have the coaching with Dan Loria and the talent. The question is do they want to do it.

A win over Troy will guarantee a move to the White. A loss doesn't necessary mean that they would also move up to the White. A lot will depend when the OAA realigns.

Are they ready to take the next step that is the question???

These next two weeks we will find out.

2 comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.