Thursday, June 29, 2017

Royal Oak has new Girls Volleyball Coach.

Written Thursday June 29th at 7:10 AM
Updated Thursday June 29th at 8:30 PM

The Royal Oak Ravens have a new Girls Volleyball Coach.

The Ravens named Emily Burwinkle head coach replacing Bridgette Sanborn. Royal Oak lost to Troy Athens in the district semifinal last season.

Burwinkle has had numerous successful runs in the AAU circuit and will look to use her experience and expertise to get Royal Oak back on track after they have had some struggling seasons.

The Ravens will be very young this upcoming season. There are a ton of questions surrounding the Royal Oak Varsity Program. They are in the Blue this season and will be in a tough district at Troy Athens with the Red Hawks, Troy, and Seaholm.

Thoughts.

This is an interesting hire, the Ravens are a program that has struggled lately. Burwinkle brings that AAU experience but there are some questions like how will her program be at Royal Oak, also can the Girls adjust and get on board with her system???

Royal Oak will be in the Blue division this season but they aren't the favorite. Farmington returns a ton back and have experience playing in the White. Ferndale has had a solid program despite the low numbers, Southfield Arts and Tech has some questions, Oak Park and Pontiac will both struggle with numbers, and Hazel Park is improving. It will be interesting what Burwinkle does with the program. Also the district will be difficult for the Ravens as they are in the Troy Athens district with Troy whom will be very good, along with Seaholm whom has been very consistent under coach Heather Lippert and Troy Athens whom lost ten seniors last season but coach Christine Stainchuk has done a very good job at reloading teams.

We shall see what happens.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest on this developing story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.