Saturday, June 3, 2017

Baseball Regional Preview.

Written Saturday June 3rd at 9:40 PM

Well there are two regionals at involve OAA Teams from Division's One and Two. Here are the previews and insight to each of those regionals taking place.

 Region Seven @ Clarkston

ORION vs Birmingham Brother Rice

This will be an interesting matchup between the Catholic League Champs and a Co-Red Champs. There is also another odd subplot to this matchup and no it's not that the fact that Birmingham Brother Rice is ranked fifth in the State. The Dragons will see three Orion residents that play for the Warriors. The first is Birmingham Brother Rice’s ace pitcher Alex Kuster. Kuster led the Warriors to the Catholic League crown and their district title win over Troy. Kuster’s brother Roman went to Orion and was part of the Dragons baseball and basketball teams. Birmingham Brother Rice has Kyle Livingway, who’s sister’s Rachel whom played and Cierra whom currently plays Volleyball at Orion. JD Allen is another Orion resident that plays for the Warriors. All three of them are very good players. The Dragons are solid as well and have been playing better as of late. This will be a good game for sure at Clarkston.

ROCHESTER vs ROYAL OAK

The Ravens pulled off the shocker of the district tournament by beating Troy Athens on the road 9-3 in the district final. Royal Oak whom played in the Gold this season will be tested when they take on an experienced Rochester team that has started to put things together. The Falcons shared the Red this season with Orion and have seemed to be peaking at the right time.

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: The Orion/Birmingham Brother Rice game will be nuts but I’m wondering how the emotion for the three Orion residents in Kuster, Allen, and Livingway will respond against their friends who play on the Dragons. That game will be insane. I don’t think Rochester will have any problem with Royal Oak in their matchup. I think the Dragons/Warriors game is a pitcher’s duel but Orion does just enough to get by Birmingham Brother Rice and plays the Falcons where they get their revenge. PICK: ORION.

Region 15 @ Madonna University

HAZEL PARK vs Livonia Clarenceville

The Vikings shocked me and the baseball world by beating Center Line 6-5 and winning their district. Now it was at home, which made it even more special. Hazel Park now has to take on a solid Livonia Clarenceville team that overcame a loss earlier in the season to Redford Union. The Trojans eliminated the Panthers 5-4 in the district finals to get to this game.

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: I think the pressure is off Hazel Park and here’s why. They were supposed to lose to Center Line but came back and won that one, even though it was at home. The Vikings have been battled tested so they won’t be intimated of Livonia Clarenceville. The OAA is a strong baseball league so I think Hazel Park will be in this one with the Trojans I think they can beat them. In the other matchup, it will be interesting between St. Clair Shores South Lake and Dearborn Divine Child. St. Clair Shores South Lake had no problem cruising by their competition in their district. The Cavaliers won their two games by a combined 21-0 score. One of those games, included a no hitter by Justin Baatz whom no hit Harper Woods in the district semifinal. They would take out Detroit Osborn in the district final. Dearborn Divine Child is solid and plays in that always difficult Catholic League. The Falcons had no problem with Melvindale in the district final beating them 9-0. They have a good offense that can score with anyone. I think the Falcons will win over the Cavaliers. It could be a Falcons/Cavs final or a Falcons/Vikings final. I think Hazel Park will compete but in the end of the day it is Dearborn Divine Child that wins out. PICK: DEARBORN DIVINE CHILD.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.