Saturday, July 1, 2017

Currie to become a Senior in 2017-2018 season.

Written Saturday July 1st at 11:40 PM

It looks like Taylor Currie will be a Senior this upcoming season.

Currie the 6.9 center was reclassified from being a Junior and now will be a Senior for Clarkston this upcoming season for Boys Basketball.

He will be heading to Michigan in the 2018-2019 school year.

Currie will be turning 17 in August. He transferred to Clarkston from Worthington Christian in Ohio in 2016. He said to MLive's Brendan Quinn that he took extra classes as a Freshman at Worthington Christian. When Currie arrived to Clarkston from Ohio, he was already ahead on credits for his class.

For Currie to graduate early from Clarkston, he must take an online biology class and two electives.

Currie whom played as a Sophomore last season, had 16 points and 12 rebounds in the State Final against Michigan State bound Xavier Tillman and Grand Rapids Christian in a 75-69 Wolves win.

Thoughts.

This is highly unusual for any student-athlete to be reclassified in high school. Clarkston now becomes even more senior heavy with Foster Loyer (Michigan State), CJ Robinson, Tristen Mysen, Nick Wells, Chase Wasilik are all going to be Seniors.

I think this was both a Currie and Michigan decision for him to be reclassified. I personally think this is a risky decision for Currie to do this process but lets look at the positives. For Michigan, it means that Currie will be on campus a year earlier, he could red-shirt. For Currie, this was an opportunity to get a head start and develop his game in the College level.

Currie will now have one more season with the Wolves and they have a strong chance to repeat as State Champions.

The loss of Currie could impact Clarkston in the 2018-2019 season because not only do they lose Currie but Loyer, Robinson, Mysen, Wells, Wasilik are graduating as well. Also, there are some questions surrounding coach Dan Fife’s future. The Wolves will have Matt Nicholson back for that season.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest on this developing story.

6 comments:

  1. Hurts Clarkston but they do have Nicholson 6'9" in 2020 and Dellinger 6'5" 240lbs in 2021 both looked really good for the wolves at OU team camp with out Currie there. Plus Clarkston has the little brothers of foster loyer and chase Wasilk who both are very good. The entire 2022 class is very good, should be better than the 2018 class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm well aware of those two and Loyer's brothers. Anytime you lose a ton of veterans like they will, it will be a challenge especially after next year. I do agree the class of 2022, they are very good, and they could be better than the 2018 class which would say a lot. The future is bright at Clarkston.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you heard the rumor of Thomas Kithier transferring to either Clarkston or La Lumimere? Heard from a source very close to Thomas that he has told Dakota he would not be back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard the rumors about Kitchner but if he goes to Clarkston it would be a good and bad thing, the good would mean the Wolves get another weapon and would make them even more sick and talented. The bad would be if Kitchner were to go to Clarkston, then someone loses out on the JV, kind of a double-edge sword here. I think Clarkston is loaded as they are with Loyer, Currie, Robinson, Mysen, Wells, and they have a deep bench, not being mean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can confirm thomas kithier moved to Clarkston. They are gonna be really good!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.