Saturday, June 3, 2017

Softball Regional Preview.

Written Saturday June 3rd at 9:40 PM

Well here is the regional for Girls Softball that will be taking place at Clarkston on Saturday.

Region Seven @ Clarkston

CLARKSTON vs SEAHOLM

This one will be interesting because the Wolves are now at home and are primed to do some damage. Clarkston shut out Oxford in the district final at Orion which featured three teams that had honorable mentions in the State. The Maples offense really showed up in the district round, outscoring both Troy and Bloomfield Hills by a combined 30-12 in that stretch of games. Seaholm is riding a ton of confidence heading into this matchup. The Maples though will have a lot going against them in this regional considering that Clarkston is the opponent and it’s on their home field.

TROY ATHENS vs Utica Eisenhower

The Eagles will bring a prolific offense into this regional in Clarkston. They pounded Adams and Romeo by a combined 22-5 score in the district round. The Red Hawks have cruised in their district destroying the competition by a combined 24-0. This matchup it will be much different for Troy Athens because Utica Eisenhower is a much different team and they are much better defensibly then their two previously teams.

INSIGHT/PREDICTION: This looks like it will be a Clarkston/Utica Eisenhower Regional Final shaping up. Both teams will have no problem winning their semifinal matchups to play each other. The Wolves have played a tough schedule but so has the Eagles playing Macomb Dakota and Utica Ford in the Macomb Area Conference. Home Field matters in this matchup so that’s whom I’m going with to win this regional. PICK: CLARKSTON.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.