Thursday, June 8, 2017

Way Too Early Top Ten Volleyball Rankings.

Written Friday June 9th at 1:00 AM

Here are my way too early top ten Volleyball rankings. These aren't the official Volleyball rankings, that comes later.

1. Clarkston: The Wolves have Abbey Malanowski back but the question will be Kayla Luchenbach. Luchenbach has a scholarship to play basketball at Oakland, does she play volleyball or not, that’s the question.

2. Orion: The Dragons have Wren McCauley and Danielle Sargent back but question will be whom fills the rest of the roles for coach Tony Scarvada’s team.

3. Bloomfield Hills: Alexa Rousseau may be on the verge of a breakout season for coach Bob Hurdle’s team. Also Julia Caravias and Olivia Smith are expected to have big seasons as well.

4. Stoney Creek: Probably the most underappreciated team in the State. Coach Ross Talbot will have the Stration sisters (Kate and Lindsay), along with Stephanie Smith, and Molly Asmus all back.

5. Troy: Jessica Robinson may very well on her way to being one of the top players in the State and with the Colts back in the Red, it will be interesting how coach Tom Vigilant handles the league this time around.

6. Oxford: The Wildcats have a new coach in Brian Kim and he will have the luxury of coaching Paige Briggs for two seasons.

7. Ferndale: The Eagles have made the district final, time and time again. They could make another run this upcoming fall.

8. Seaholm: Never ever count out coach Heather Lippert’s crew, not for one second. The Maples are solid year in and year out.

9. Royal Oak: The Ravens return a bunch of experience including Sierra Randle and Ally Roberts for coach Bridgette Sanborn.

10. North Farmington: The Raiders could be a sleeping giant to keep an eye on this upcoming fall, don’t ask me why but I’m high on this team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.