Thursday, June 8, 2017

Volleyball Watch.

Written Friday June 9th at 12:30 AM

Hello all, this is my first Volleyball post of 2017. Anyway the Michigan High School Volleyball Insider released their top teams. Some of the teams ranked here, I agree with while others I don't agree with. Anyway here is the poll and insight on the poll. There are no OAA teams ranked in Class B, the balk of them are in Class A.

The Michigan High School Volleyball Insider Way Too Early Top 25.

1. ORION
2. Novi
3. Rockford
4. CLARKSTON
5. Farmington Hills Mercy
6. Birmingham Marian
7. Grand Rapids Forest Hills Northern
8. Portage Central
9. Macomb Dakota
10. Grand Haven
11. New Baltimore Anchor Bay
12. East Grand Rapids
13. Grand Rapids Christian
14. Mattawan
15. Saline
16. Richland Gull Lake
17. Utica Eisenhower
18. DeWitt
19. BLOOMFIELD HILLS
20. Temperance Bedford
21. Midland
22. Northville
23. Mount Morris
24. Monroe
25. TROY

Thoughts.

I’m not sure why Orion is ranked number one in this poll. The Dragons have Danielle Sargent and Wren McCauley coming back but they have questions everywhere else.

Novi is the back to back State Champs and have the balk of their team back led by Erin O’Leary, whom will be heading to Michigan next season. I would have had them ranked number one to start the season because of whom they have back and a quote from Ric Flair “To be the man, you have to beat the man.”

Right now, I would rank Clarkston ahead of Orion because of whom the Wolves have back. If Kayla Luchenbach comes back and not focus solely on basketball then she along with Abbey Malanowski could form a solid one-two punch.

I think Bloomfield Hills should be ranked higher, they return a ton of talent for coach Bob Hurdle’s team led by Alexa Rousseau and Julia Caravias,.

Troy is an interesting team and coach Tom Vigilant has Jessica Robinson back along with Fran McBride, and Kelsey Moeller but they will be moving back up from the White to the Red this season.

I’m not sure why coach Ross Talbot’s Cougars are not in this poll. They gave Utica Eisenhower everything they had in the District final last season. Stoney Creek will be very good this season with Stephanie Smith, Kate Stration, Lindsay Stration, and Molly Asmus. The Cougars should be ranked on here.

Another team to keep an eye on is Oxford, the Wildcats have a new coach and they could surprise some folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.