Thursday, August 19, 2021

Harper Woods has their new Boys Basketball Coach.

Written Thursday August 19th at 9:40 PM

The Pioneers have their new boys basketball coach.

Harper Woods named Tajuan Porter to coach the program. He takes over for Brandon Jenkins whom stepped down in June.

Porter played College Basketball at Oregon and played his high school basketball at Detroit Renaissance. He came back to Michigan after his playing career was done.

Harper Woods has a ton of experience for Porter in Julian Young, DeAndre Williams, Marquise Kelly, Isiah Lewis, Quincy Dickinson, and Rozell Matthews coming back.

Porter is the younger brother of former Farmington boys coach Terrance Porter.

The Pioneers are in the Gold with Pontiac, Avondale, Royal Oak, and Ferndale University. They are at Eastpointe for their district with Harper Woods Chandler Park Academy, Detroit Denby Tech, Detroit Osborn, Eastpointe, and St. Clair Shores South Lake.

Thoughts

It's an interesting hire to say the least. Porter is going to have a real challenge ahead of him at Harper Woods. The Pioneers are going to be in a new league but he has experience which helps. He has played college basketball, he knows the terrain. Program strength is a huge issue for Harper Woods. If they can field three teams then program strength will be addressed.

It will be very interesting to see what happens with Harper Woods.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest on this developing story.


Harper Woods Boys Basketball Page.

https://www.mhsaa.com/schools/harperwoods/boys/varsity/basketball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.