Friday, August 6, 2021

Football Uniform Grades 2021.

Written Friday August 6th at 4:30 PM

Hello everyone, I was at media day and I grade everyone's football uniforms. There are some that are great and awesome and there are those that need work and there are those who need a shoulder yoke on the jerseys. Anyway if you have any complaints, feel free to share your grief on the blog. Here are the grades.

Pontiac: (Provider-Home Russel Athletic, Road-Nike): The Phoenix have a great uniform combination especially if they have the all purple look. The white with purple is not a bad look either and the donated helmets from the Detroit Lions really make the uniforms look crisp and sound. Love this uniform a lot. GRADE A+.

Bloomfield Hills: (Provider-Nike): The Blackhawks went back to all black at home and all white on the road and they brought back the black helmet. The design needs some work but it’s a step in the right direction when it comes to uniforms. GRADE A-

Royal Oak: (Provider-Home and Alternate-Russell Athletic, Road-Adidas): The Ravens wore their black uniforms on media day. I like the home black on black because of the blue on the elbows. The alternate blues are fine but the white pants scare me and  just don’t mesh. The road uniforms really scare me with the Adidas logo hanging out. The new look will have the Raven wings which makes it very interesting. The helmet needs some work as well. GRADE C.

Troy: (Provider-Home Nike, Road-Adidas): The Colts have an interesting uniform. The home blacks are very clean but the road whites are bad. The black helmet needs a new paint job. There are days that I really miss Red on the jerseys. GRADE D.

Troy Athens: (Provider-Nike): The Red Hawks went back to Nike which was awesome. The all white combination looks very sharp and the red jersey-gold pants looks very sharp and crisp. Troy Athens went back to the gold helmets makes the look whether home or on the road looks much better than in the past. The design on the gold helmet needs some work, I don’t like the A on the left or the number. Maybe use a Hawk or a bird could help things out but the design looks great but needs a few wrinkles on the helmet and this is a top notch uniform. GRADE A-

Ferndale: (Provider-Nike): The Eagles got some new uniforms. The home brown looks sharp with the number. They have a road white combination with the same design and an alternate gold with the same design. Ferndale has a strong uniform combination with the brown helmet even though the Eagle I’m not a fan of but hey it’s a great look. GRADE A-.

Berkley: (Provider-Nike): This is an awesome look for the Bears. The Blue helmet looks awesome along with the home marron and road white look. They have name plates on the back of the jerseys. This uniform combination that Berkley has is absolutely perfect. GRADE A+.

Avondale: (Provider Home and Road-Adidas, Alternate-Nike): I really don’t like being lied too when the Yellow Jackets went with an all black Nike’s. They kept the Adidas uniforms for the road and alternates which does not fly well with me. I gave them an A last year even though the purple helmet looks good, I’m heartbroken why, why. GRADE D+

Farmington: (Provider-Nike): The Falcons are keeping the same uniforms from the 2019 season but in the past they went with the Penn State look and the Baltimore Ravens look when then Coach Jon Bechtel took over the program. The blue-blue combination with gray outlines are very interesting and the white-white is the same with the blue and gray outlines. New coach Jason Albrecht is putting the Falcon wings on the helmet which I think is the right call. I wish the white helmet would be painted back to blue then that look would be even more better but for now back to the Falcon wings are much better than what they had last season but the white helmet has to go. GRADE A-

Seaholm: (Provider-Nike): The Maples went back to the Maple helmet which was great. The uniforms egh. The home Maple looks okay but the road whites need some work although they kept the lines on the elbows. I miss the old look but they got the helmet problem fixed. GRADE B.

Groves: (Provider-Nike): When the Falcons went away from the opposite elbows on the road jerseys I really cried. The new road jerseys I really don't like, they are too plain. The helmet and home uniforms are fine, like the green helmet. GRADE C.

Oak Park: (Provider-Nike): The Knights made some huge changes to the uniform this offseason. They went to the Jumpman look which is very similar to Oklahoma. I’m curious how the game pants will look with the new Jumpman uniforms. If they look like Oklahoma with the black helmets then it’s a great look. GRADE A.

North Farmington: (Provider-Nike, third jersey Xenith): The Raiders have had basically had the same design since the 2019 season with the home brown-brown combination and the road white-white combination. North Farmington introduced a new third jersey which is all black and provided by Xenith. I think the uniform combinations are very strong. I’m not a fan of the stripes on the shoulders though but the white helmet needs to go in my opinion. If they can bring back the gold helmets then I think the uniform would be so much better but the white helmets just don’t mesh really well at all. GRADE C.

Adams: (Provider Home-Adidas, Road and Alternate-Russell Athletic): The Highlanders changed jerseys in 2020 but they went with Adidas with their all gold look for their home uniforms. The road and alternates are fine with me especially the elbows and the alternates are military based which is great. I’m curious what the helmet will look like if they will keep the A with the swords or go back to the script Adams which I'm not real fond off. The road and alternates are fine, not a fan of the home uniforms at all. GRADE C.

Rochester: (Provider-Under Armor): The Falcons are getting new uniforms this season but the current Under Armor ones are ok with the opposite elbows. Rochester will wear an all American look and an all black uniform. The blue helmet makes the most sense. I think Under Armor is decent but it’s time for the Falcons to get an upgrade. GRADE B.

Southfield Arts and Tech: (Provider-Home and Alternate-Adidas, Road-Nike): The Warriors I thought got the road jerseys right with the all-white look with the blue helmet in 2019 but they changed the helmet from blue to white which I really did not like at all. They have a home red and blue set with Adidas which I am not a fan of either of their sets. The all white uniforms are fine but just don’t mix the pants, just doesn’t feel right. Southfield Arts and Tech is certainly due for an upgrade when it comes to their home uniforms. GRADE E.

Lake Orion: (Provider-Nike): The Dragons have an interesting uniform combination that they changed last season. The green helmet and the game pants with the stripes are classic and remain the same but the jerseys egh not so much. Sure it’s tradition but when they went to the opposite elbows that was the jerseys from 2018-2019 which I thought that was the uniform. Stripe life on the jerseys is a big no-no for me even though they should have name plates which could be a saving grace. The football helmet and game pants are very good but the jersey needs changing. GRADE B.

Oxford: (Provider-Nike): When Coach Zach Line took over at Oxford, the Wildcats changed everything in 2020 when they went back to Nike. The helmet is yellow which is very interesting. They have an all blue, an all yellow, and an all-white combination. To be flat out honest, I really like the changing of the guard uniforms but wish they put name plates on the back which would be an even better look. I really like these uniforms a lot. GRADE A-.

Clarkston: (Provider-Nike): The Wolves went to a new look in 2020. The blue uniform looks very sharp and clean with the dark blue numbering. The road whites are also a great look, reminds me of Michigan and the alternate grays are very good. Love the opposite color elbows on the grays. I think Clarkston has a great uniform, only downside is wish they put last names on the back of them. GRADE A-

Stoney Creek: (Provider-Home and Road Under Armor, Alternate-Zenith): The Cougars kept their blue and white uniforms as is they have name plates. The jerseys they have are fine and they have gold pants if need be. They have an all gold combination which looks very good. Also they wear a special jersey to honor cancer or military remembrance which is great. Stoney Creek needs to work on the helmet. The gold helmet is solid but the SC and the number just doesn’t mesh. They have the uniform figured out just not the helmet, it's a work in progress. GRADE B-

West Bloomfield: (Provider-Nike): The Lakers have a good uniform design. They have green and gray stripes on the elbows with their road uniforms and white and gray on the green uniforms. The pants are white with a green and gray stripe on the sides. I like the design of the helmet based on the Alabama but not the white helmet. The uniform and pants are great but the helmet needs a paint job. GRADE B+

Harper Woods: (Provider-Nike): The Pioneers were at Media Day and their uniforms were very nice. I like the opposite V-Neck with the HARPER WOODS name on the white uniforms. The helmets look very good as well and the red pants make this uniform design look very good. I like Harper Woods uniform combinations, really do. GRADE A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.