Thursday, August 19, 2021

Ferndale has their new Girls Basketball Coach.

Written Thursday August 19th at 9:30 PM

Ferndale has their new girls basketball coach and it's a pretty good one to say the least.

The Eagles named Al Kattola as their new coach. He takes over a program that is in need of a reboot after not fielding a team last season.

Kattola is no stranger to coaching high school basketball and rebuilding projects. He coached boys basketball at Oak Park and has been very successful in coaching the program.

Kattola will have a very difficult path at Ferndale as mentioned the Eagles did not field a girls basketball program last season. He needs to find players and develop program strength. If he can do this then he can turn the program around.

The Eagles will need to rely on Kattola's experience if they want to be successful. Ferndale will be in the Blue with Harper Woods, Farmington, Avondale, Oak Park, Seaholm, and Ferndale University. They are at Birmingham Detroit Country for their district with Ferndale University, Detroit Old Redford, and Detroit Jalen Rose Academy.

Thoughts

It's a really good hire for Ferndale Athletic Director Shaun Butler to go with Kattola. He brings experience which matters. I'm curious to see how he adjusts to the girls game from the boys game. Kattola is going to need to build a program which he can do real quickly. 

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Eagles this season.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest on this developing story.


Ferndale Girls Basketball page MHSAA

https://www.mhsaa.com/schools/ferndale/girls/varsity/basketball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.