Friday, October 18, 2019

Week Eight Recap.

Written Friday October 18th at 11:30 PM

We will update the Pontiac/Detroit Leadership Academy game when we get the score.

INSIDE THE OAA TOP 10.

1. West Bloomfield
2. Lake Orion
3. Oak Park
4. Groves
5. Adams
6. North Farmington
7. Stoney Creek
8. Farmington
9. Seaholm
10. Ferndale

Week Eight Scores.

FERNDALE 20, ROYAL OAK 7.
AVONDALE 40, BERKLEY 27.
NORTH FARMINGTON 13, FARMINGTON 9.
Detroit Leadership Academy 14, PONTIAC 6.
OAK PARK 41, TROY ATHENS 6.
STONEY CREEK 49, ROCHESTER 0.
GROVES 35, SEAHOLM 14.
BLOOMFIELD HILLS 63, TROY 31.
WEST BLOOMFIELD 48, OXFORD 0.
ADAMS 31, SOUTHFIELD ARTS AND TECH 20.
LAKE ORION 55, CLARKSTON 21.

BIG WIN: North Farmington: The Raiders took home the Farmington Cup after beating the Falcons 13-9 on Friday night. North Farmington sits at 8-0 on the season and will host Ypsilanti Lincoln to close the season. Farmington doesn’t play next week and will get ready for the playoffs with a 7-1 record.

TOUGH LOSS: Southfield Arts and Tech: The Warriors are in a real tough spot after losing 31-20 on Friday night to Adams. Southfield Arts and Tech has to beat River Rouge who beat Novi Detroit Catholic Central 16-3 on Friday night. The Warriors sit at 4-4 on the season. The Highlanders meanwhile are 6-2 on the season and will head to Stoney Creek next week to take on the 4-4 Cougars.

WHAT HAPPENED: Seaholm: The Maples lost their seventh straight game to Groves 35-14 on Friday night in Birmingham. The Falcons are 7-1 on the season and will head to Brownstown to take on Brownstown Woodhaven next week. Seaholm sits at 5-3 and will take on Avondale who sits at 4-4.

TEAM THAT NEED A HUG: Berkley: The Bears had a 27-13 halftime lead on Friday night against Avondale only to see the Yellow Jackets score 27 unanswered points in a 40-27 loss. Berkley is 1-7 on the season and will travel to Troy to play the 0-8 Colts. Avondale has a huge game next week as they sit at 4-4 and will host the 5-3 Seaholm Maples.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME: Troy: The good news is that the Colts scored points but the bad news is they gave up 63 points in a 63-31 blowout loss to Bloomfield Hills on Friday night. Troy now is 0-8 and will host Berkley next week. The Blackhawks are 1-7 and will head to Rochester to play the 1-7 Falcons.

TEAM THAT ME SHAKE MY HEAD: Clarkston: The Wolves will miss the playoffs for the first time since 2003 after losing 55-21 to Lake Orion on Friday night. Clarkston is 3-5 on the season and will conclude the year with Detroit Cass Tech coming to Clarkston next week. The Dragons who are 7-1 on the season will host Monroe next week.

My Podcast this week
https://soundcloud.com/user-539915961/oaa-now-10-21-19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.