Thursday, October 3, 2019

Volleyball Top Ten.

Written Thursday October 3rd at 12:20 PM

Hello all, I haven't written a Volleyball post in a while. Anyway here is my Volleyball top ten teams around the league.

Enjoy.

1. Stoney Creek: The Cougars are loaded everywhere for coach Ross Talbott led by Kate Stration, Sydney Tomlak, Kate Yatooma, Ainsley Guse, Ashley Gajdzik, and company. Stoney Creek has the talent and experience to make a deep playoff run.

2. Clarkston: The Wolves are loaded with a ton of experience for coach Kelly Pinner but anytime you have players like Claire Nowicki, Hannah Cady, Summer Jidas, Jordan Newblatt, Elizabeth Adams, and Sydney Hasenfratz helps a lot. Clarkston though does not have Alana Watington who is out for the season with an injury but they are right now in the thick of it.

3. Lake Orion: The Dragons are like the movie Venom where if the symbiote and Eddie Brock are one then this team does great but when they are separated then they struggle. That’s life of a young team and coach Tony Scavarda has that even though they have very talented players in Lauren Staruch, Kendall Robertson, Kylie Andras, Courtney Andras, Taylor Buckiewicz, and Regean Goeke. Watch for Nina Horning, she could be special in a few years.

4. Bloomfield Hills: When you have a Miss Volleyball candidate in Alexa Rousseau you should be in contention and that’s where the Blackhawks are at. It’s also nice when you have a strong supporting cast like Ava Slazinski, Noelle Siwek, Ava Petrucci, and Brooke Bosart. Experience like that matters for second year coach Larry Wyatt.

5. Seaholm: Experience matters and coach Heather Gambone has that with Audrey Brown, Maddie Ligon, Anna McLeod and the Geraghty sisters (Caitlin and Brooke.) The Maples could be a team to watch come playoff time.

6. West Bloomfield: The Lakers are holding their own in the Red and they have a ton of experience back led by Lauren King and Grace Allread for coach Lauren DeLuyck Forbes. West Bloomfield hopes being in this division will help them come tournament time.

7. Farmington: The Falcons are my biggest surprise of the season. Looking good in league play led by Meghan Burba, Sydney Eggleton, and Rachel Kriese. Farmington could be a team to watch in the White for coach Katie Drews.

8. Troy: I’ve been very surprised with the Colts. It’s not like a coach Tom Vigilant team to be 0-3 in the Red especially with having a ton of experience like Fran McBride, Julia Armstrong, and Athena Sampson back. Troy needs to fix things before districts start.

9. Ferndale: If the Eagles can have a repeat performance of last season’s district title run then I can only imagine how coach Stella Johnstone’s team will be in her second season led by Emily Foster. The Blue is wide open and I think Ferndale has a great opportunity to make an impact.

10. Adams: The Highlanders are heading in the right direction for first year coach Terry Baugaman. Adams has a ton of experience led by Emanuela Gjokaj, Kennedy Jones, Lara Sebastian, and Amber Morris. Rome was not built overnight but I like the direction where Baugaman has this team going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.