Tuesday, October 1, 2019

MHSAA Investigating Southfield A&T Football.

Written Tuesday October 1st at 10:10 PM
Updated Wednesday October 2nd at 8:20 AM

The Michigan High School Association has launched an investigation regarding Southfield Arts and Tech transfer defensive back Robert Army according to Detroit Free Press columnist Mick McCabe.

There is an allegation in question that Army may not meet the immediate eligibility requirements after the transfer.

Army transferred to Southfield Arts and Tech from Detroit Renaissance during this summer. Army’s mother said to McCabe that they have two houses (one in Detroit and the other in Southfield) and that they were in the process of moving out of the Detroit home. According to McCabe, Army appeared to be still living in Detroit and not in Southfield.

The rule in question is the immediate eligibility rule which states that if the “student moves with the people he or she was living with previously. It must be a full and complete move.”

If the MHSAA decides that Army’s transfer wasn’t legal then the Warriors could be forced to forfeit three victories. Southfield Arts and Tech sits at 3-2 currently with wins over Clarkston, Troy Athens, and Bloomfield Hills.

According to McCabe, Southfield Arts and Tech Athletic Director Rodrek Jones said that he was working to get the custody agreement between the parents (both are divorced) and making sure that they have everything straighten out.

Thoughts.

This could be a complete disaster for the Warriors and coach Tim Conley if the investigation is proven true. Southfield Arts and Tech would be forced to forfeit games, they would be 0-5 and not make the playoffs for the third straight year.

Other than Jones, the other side of the story hasn't been told.

If the investigation clears Army and the Warriors then someone has a lot of explaining to do.

It is also possible that Southfield Arts and Tech will use this as motivation and rally around the other. Their theme this season is "All In" and they have been playing really well as of late winning two straight games by outscoring their respective opponents 122-32.

It is also possible that the MHSAA has already cleared them.

Just have to wait and see. 

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest on this developing story.

Here is the article from McCabe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.