Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Regional Previews.

Written Wednesday October 22nd at 11:45 AM

Here are my regional previews for Soccer and Cross Country.

Soccer

Region 4 @ West Bloomfield

CLARKSTON vs Novi Detroit Catholic Central
Novi vs Grand Blanc

THOUGHTS/PREDICTION: This is a tough regional if you’re the Wolves this is a tough matchup with the Shamrocks. If Clarkston can get by Novi Detroit Catholic Central then they would have to deal with either Novi or Grand Blanc, also proven soccer powers. This will be a tough chore for the Wolves as mentioned to say the least. I like the Wildcats to win this regional and move on. PICK: NOVI over NOVI DETROIT CATHOLIC CENTRAL.

Region 3 @ Troy

ADAMS vs Chippewa Valley
TROY ATHENS vs Warren De LaSalle

THOUGHTS/PREDICTION: This is an interesting regional. The Highlanders came out of nowhere to win their district and take on the Pilots. The Red Hawks are a state power and should be the favorite to win this regional. I see this regional being dressed in red and gold over a solid Adams squad. PICK: TROY ATHENS over ADAMS.

Cross Country

Region 6 @ Willow Metro Park

BERKLEY
OAK PARK
Ann Arbor Huron
Canton
Salem
Plymouth
Detroit Cass Tech
Novi Detroit Catholic Central
Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit
Detroit Martin Luther King
Detroit Renaissance
Detroit Western
Garden City
Livonia Churchill
Livonia Franklin
Livonia Stevenson
Northville
Novi
Redford Thurston
Westland John Glenn

BOYS: TEAMS THAT SHOULD MOVE ON: Plymouth, Northville, Salem.

GIRLS: TEAMS THAT SHOULD MOVE ON: Plymouth, Northville, Salem.

REASON: All three of these teams have experience which helps in both boys and girls. Also all three teams have depth to work with and are primed to get back to MIS.

Region 7 @ Springfield Oaks Park

BLOOMFIELD HILLS
CLARKSTON
FARMINGTON
NORTH FARMINGTON
WEST BLOOMFIELD
Birmingham Brother Rice
Farmington Hills Mercy
Hartland
Holly
Milford
Waterford Mott
Waterford Kettering
Walled Lake Northern
Walled Lake Central
Walled Lake Western
Lakeland

BOYS: TEAMS THAT SHOULD MOVE ON: Walled Lake Central, Clarkston, Milford.

GIRLS: TEAMS THAT SHOULD MOVE ON: Bloomfield Hills, Milford, Lakeland.

REASON: There is a ton of proven experience in this regional. Although it wouldn’t surprise me if Clarkston gets left out in Girls this season. This is a tough regional in the Girls and there were four teams that went to MIS as a team last season.

Region 8 @ Chandler Park Golf Course

GROVES
SEAHOLM
ROYAL OAK
TROY
TROY ATHENS
Macomb L’Anse Creuse
Fraser
Grosse Pointe North
Grosse Pointe South
Roseville
St. Clair Shores Lake Shore
St. Clair Shores Lakeview
Sterling Heights Stevenson
Sterling Heights
Warren De LaSalle
Warren Woods Tower
Warren Mott
Warren Cousino

BOYS: TEAMS THAT SHOULD MOVE ON: Grosse Pointe North, Royal Oak, Troy.

GIRLS: TEAMS THAT SHOULD MOVE ON: Seaholm, Troy, Royal Oak.

REASON: The Maples have a ton of experience back along with the Colts. I’m high on Royal Oak making some noise. It shall be interesting to see what happens.

Region 9 @ Algonac

AVONDALE
LAKE ORION
OXFORD
ADAMS
ROCHESTER
STONEY CREEK
Chippewa Valley
Macomb Dakota
Macomb L’Anse Creuse North
New Baltimore Anchor Bay
Port Huron Northern
Port Huron
Romeo
Utica Eisenhower
Utica
Utica Ford II

BOYS: TEAMS THAT SHOULD MOVE ON: Stoney Creek, Romeo, Lake Orion.

GIRLS: TEAMS THAT SHOULD MOVE ON: Stoney Creek, Romeo, Rochester.

REASON: I think these three teams bring experience although Lake Orion wasn’t there as a team last season in the boys I think the Dragons get there this time around. I’m high on Stoney Creek, they have a ton of experience back along with Romeo. I see both Stoney Creek and Romeo getting both squads to states while the Falcons in the girls and the Dragons in the boys get to State’s as a team.

Region 16 @ Linden Middle School

FERNDALE
PONTIAC
Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood
Birmingham Marian
Birmingham Detroit Country Day
Clawson
Detroit Cody
Detroit Communication Media Arts
Detroit Fredrick Douglas
Detroit Henry Ford Creative Studies
Detroit Old Redford
Detroit Mumford
Detroit University Prep
Orchard Lake St. Marys
Goodrich
Lake Fenton
Linden
Brandon
Pontiac Notre Dame Prep
Wixom St. Catherine Sienna Academy
Redford Union

BOYS: TEAMS THAT SHOULD MOVE ON: Goodrich, Linden, Pontiac Notre Dame Prep.

GIRLS: TEAMS THAT SHOULD MOVE ON: Birmingham Marian, Pontiac Notre Dame Prep, Linden.

REASON: All these teams have experience being at MIS last season which helps. It shall be interesting to see who moves on in this regional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.