Sunday, October 27, 2019

Playoff Thoughts.

Written Sunday October 27th at 9:20 PM

I will go more in depth on the matchups this week on the podcast but here are my thoughts on each team heading into the postseason.

Groves: If last Friday night’s shocking 49-28 loss to Brownstown Woodhaven was an indicator then the Falcons got sentenced by playing the two time defending State Champs Warren De LaSalle in the first round. I don’t what Coach Brendan Flaherty and his staff along with the players are thinking right now.

Seaholm: The Maples got a great first round game with an upstart Sterling Heights team. Seaholm though not a deep team has a lot of experience. If the Maples were to win they could have a rematch with arch rival Groves or Warren De LaSalle in the district final. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Oak Park: The Knights got a great draw in a tough district. Oak Park will see Farmington in the first round. The Knights won the White this season and will look for some playoff success. If Oak Park beats Farmington then they could see either rival Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit or North Farmington in the next round. The Knights are battle tested which helps things.

North Farmington: The Raiders are unbeaten for the first time since 1978 but their reward will be a home game with Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit. What should help North Farmington is the coaching staff as they have been down this road before when they were at Harrison. The Raiders will have their hands full with the Cubs.

Farmington: Only playing eight games, technically seven means that Coach Kory Cicroch and his Falcons get to go to Knight Valley to play Oak Park. The Knights have been rolling since losing to West Bloomfield in week one. This could be Farmington’s toughest opponent since losing to North Farmington two weeks ago. Talk about getting a bad draw.

West Bloomfield: The Lakers have a tough regional but the district looks interesting. West Bloomfield draws Plymouth Canton in the first round with the winner either getting Plymouth or Lakeland in the next round. The regional is brutal for the Lakers with the possibility of dealing with either Brownstown Woodhaven, Belleville, or Saline. This will be very interesting to see and watch.

Adams: The Highlanders have a very tough matchup drawing a 2017 rematch with Utica Eisenhower back at Sweinhart Field. Adams led by their coach Tony Patritto brings the always tough veer offense against a very good Eagles defense under coach Chris Smith. This will be an interesting game to see.

Stoney Creek: I’m very happy that the Cougars and Coach Nick Merlo got into the playoffs at 5-4 for the first time since 2013. Stoney Creek heads to Lake Orion to take on a Dragons team that has postseason experience. Things have been progressing upward for “Team Armor Up” this is just another step in that journey.

Lake Orion: The Dragons got a great draw going east instead of north to Davison and Lapeer. Lake Orion will play an upstart Stoney Creek squad in the first round at home. If they win that they could get either Adams or Utica Eisenhower at home. The Dragons are in a good spot right now.

My Podcast
https://soundcloud.com/user-539915961/oaa-now-102819

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.