Friday, March 23, 2018

Spring Sports Early Top Five, not including Golf and Tennis.

Written Friday March 23rd at 11:50 PM

Here is my early season top five with the exception of golf and tennis. It will be interesting to see what happens going forward.

Boys Lacrosse

1. Lake Orion: Dragons could be something special this season.

2. Clarkston: Wolves will be right there with Lake Orion.

3. Bloomfield Hills: Could Blackhawks be a factor, it's interesting.

4. Troy Athens: Red Hawks is a darkhorse team to watch.

5. Birmingham United: Warriors could be in the thick of it.


Girls Lacrosse

1. Birmingham United: Expect the Warriors to get back to the State title game.

2. Bloomfield Hills: Blackhawks right there in the thick of it.

3. Lake Orion: Dragons are young but ready to catch fire when need too.

4. Adams: Highlanders in line to have a bounce back season.

5. West Bloomfield: Lakers could be an interesting team to watch.


Boys Track

1. Oak Park: Knights still have the talent to make some noise.

2. Oxford: Wildcats have some talent to go along with the throws that they are powerful with.

3. Lake Orion: Dragons don't have that dominant sprinter but could produce in other areas.

4. Clarkston: Wolves have the experience to make a run this season.

5. West Bloomfield: Lakers always athletic but do they have the pieces to make a run.


Girls Track

1. Oak Park: Knights still have the talent to make a run again.

2. Lake Orion: Dragons are well rounded again but not dominant.

3. Clarkston: Wolves have the distance but sprints and field events are a question.

4. Troy: The Colts have the distance but sprints and field events are a question.

T-5. Bloomfield Hills: Any team that features Olivia Lopez has to be on here some how.

T-5. Stoney Creek: Cougars are young and could make some noise this season.


Girls Soccer

1. Bloomfield Hills: Likely the best team in the OAA thus far is the Blackhawks

2. Stoney Creek: Cougars could be a player this season.

3. Adams: Highlanders could rise again this season.

4. Rochester: Falcons could be in line for a bounce back season his year.

5. Troy Athens: Red Hawks look very young but could get better with time.


Baseball

1. Lake Orion: If the Dragons get some hitting then look out.

2. Oxford: Wildcats are a sleeper team to look at this season.

3. Seaholm: Maples could impact the league this season.

4. Groves: Falcons have made some noise in the last two seasons.

5. Avondale: Yellow Jackets have the talent to make some noise this season.


Softball

1. Clarkston: Wolves have a ton of talent back, could they get back to the Final Four.

2. Oxford: Wildcats came out of nowhere, could they be in line to surprise again.

3. Lake Orion: Dragons have the talent to make a run.

4. North Farmington: Raiders have the pitching to make some noise.

5. Troy: The Colts could be in line for a bounce back season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.