Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Clarkston moves onto the State Quarterfinals.

Written Wednesday March 14th at 9:15 PM

Clarkston coach Dan Fife picked up his 700 win of his legendary coaching career on Wednesday night as the Wolves beat Orchard Lake St. Marys 58-35 at West Bloomfield.

The Wolves controlled things early and often, not letting up after the Lake Orion game where they only beat the Dragons 62-50 in the district semifinal.

Clarkston lead the Eaglets 17-5 after the first quarter and 38-19 at the half. The Wolves outscored Orchard Lake St. Marys 20-16 in the second half to close the game out. Clarkston used it's balance scoring of Foster Loyer, Taylor Currie, Nick Wells, Chase Waslik, and CJ Robinson. Loyer had 24 points, Robinson added 13 points, Wells had four points and 10 rebounds, Currie added 10 points, and Waslik added seven points.

Clarkston will move onto the State Quarterfinals on Tuesday at Grand Blanc against a familiar foe in Flint Carman Ainsworth. The Wolves beat the Cavaliers 72-67 in an instant classic at Clarkston on December 7th.

The Cavaliers got 17 points from Omari Duncan in their 61-38 win over Traverse City West in the regional final at Mount Pleasant. It was the first regional title for Flint Carman Ainsworth since 2004.

Thoughts.

I was surprised that the Wolves did not sub anyone in the game. Clarkston has 15 players on their team but anyway they won over a solid Orchard Lake St. Marys team with only their regular starters.

Clarkston will get a rematch with Flint Carman Ainsworth, a team that the Wolves beat 72-67 on December 7th. Expect the Cavaliers to come out motivated against Clarkston.

We shall see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.