Friday, March 23, 2018

Loyer Dominant as Clarkston rolls again.

Written Friday March 23rd at 2:00 PM

Future Michigan State teammate Cassius Winston said that Mr Basketball Foster Loyer would go off for 45 points in a game.

He was close but was three points off.

Behind 42 points from Loyer, the Clarkston Wolves were dominant in the State Semifinals against Warren De LaSalle with a 74-49 victory sending them to the State finals on Saturday at the Breslin Center.

Future Wisconsin commit Taylor Currie added 16 points and 12 rebounds for the Wolves. Currie led the Clarkston onslaught on the boards outscoring the Pilots 36-19.

Loyer was 12 for 17 from the field, 11 for 11 on free throws, and seven for 11 from three point range.

Clarkston is now 25-1 on the season and will play Holland West Ottawa in the State Finals.

Thoughts.

This was no surprise that Loyer would have a big game like this on his home floor and in front of his future Michigan State teammates, coaches, and coach Tom Izzo.

Loyer made it a show early and often against a Warren De LaSalle team that basically played with nothing to lose.

It will be interesting to see what happens on Saturday in the State Finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.