Saturday, March 24, 2018

Clarkston Repeats as State Champs.

Written Saturday March 24th at 2:30 PM

I don't think the OAA will ever see what the Clarkston Wolves did or have done.

Blowout after blowout the Wolves showed their dominance in Class A as they destroyed Holland West Ottawa 81-38 in the State Finals giving Clarkston back to back State titles in Boys Basketball.

It has been a special year for Clarkston athletics and Athletic Director Jeff Kosin. The Wolves football team won a State title which came out of nowhere.

Foster Loyer was one of the main reasons why this team is back to back State Champs. The Mr Basketball winner broke the MHSAA single point total in a quarter with 19 points in the second quarter, he has made more free throws than any player in State history at 630 free throws made, and now has the most points in Clarkston history surpassing Dane Fife whom will be his future assistant coach at Michigan State.

Loyer had 40 points to lead coach Dan Fife's attack while CJ Robinson added 18 points and Wisconsin commit Taylor Currie had 13 points and ten rebounds.

Clarkston is now back to back State Champs finishing the season at 26-1 overall but they will be different next season. The Wolves lose all their starters and some really good pieces off their bench but watch for players like Jake Jensen, Cole Donchez, Jayden Waslik, Garrett Dellinger, and Matt Nicholson. They could be players that could make their names well known next season for Clarkston.

The Junior Varsity team finished 19-1 and they have a strong eighth grade coming up that includes Loyer and Waslik's brothers likely coming up to Varsity.

Here is the Soundcloud Story from the podcast
https://soundcloud.com/user-539915961/sets/oaa-now

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget about the 8th grade class. The younger Wasilk and Loyer both will be on varsity as freshman next season getting a lot of playing time. Plus that JV team finished 19-1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard about them, there are a lot of questions next season surrounding Clarkston but looking at next year I expect they will be good but not at the levels of the last two seasons where those two seasons were special for you guys also if Oak Park comes up to the Red they could pose problems for the Wolves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is nice that Clarkston was able to win Back-to-Back, first school from Oakland County to win B2B in D-1 since Pontiac Northern in 2001/2002. The OAA is the only conference in the State of Michigan that has consistent Basketball success (and long playoff runs) in the MHSAA

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.