Friday, March 9, 2018

Boys District Final Thoughts.

Written Friday March 9th at 9:30 PM

Here my recaps on the districts at their respective sites.

Clarkston:

Well this was expected with the Wolves dominating on their home floor against the Wildcats 77-35. Foster Loyer led the charge with 33 points giving Clarkston their 40th district championship in school history. The Wolves led 48-18 at halftime and never looked back. Clarkston will move onto face Troy at West Bloomfield. Oxford finishes the season at 8-14 but will return the majority of their team back for coach Steve Laidlaw.

Troy:

Well this was probably going to be the outcome as the Colts used the three point shot to blowout Seaholm at home 68-47. Troy had a 61-29 lead heading into the fourth quarter but the Colts got the majority of their subs in the game by that stretch. Troy will have it's third rematch with Clarkston at West Bloomfield upcoming. The Maples lose a ton of talent next season and finished the year at 9-14 for coach Greg DeGetter.

Southfield Arts and Tech:

This one was a shocker for me in the battle of Falcons. Farmington came back from a 28-16 deficit to stun Groves 57-55, giving them their second win this season over them. The blue Falcons outscored the green and gold Falcons 26-22 in the fourth quarter to pull this stunner. Farmington will move onto Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit to play Detroit Martin Luther King next. Groves finished the season at 10-12 and will return a lot of talent for coach Mark West.

Stoney Creek:

The Highlanders turned their whole season around from 0-21 last season to their first district title since 2016 with a 63-45 blowout of Utica Eisenhower. I am very happy for Adams after what they went through last season and have rebounded significantly. The Highlanders are a very young team and will get even better under coach Brad Crighton. Adams will head to West Bloomfield and play Orchard Lake St. Marys which sets up an interesting matchup of brothers between the Prieskorn's Brady and Caden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.