Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Clarkston Dominant over Flint Carman Ainsworth.

Written Tuesday March 20th at 8:40 PM

The Clarkston Wolves used a strong first half against the Flint Carman Ainsworth Cavaliers limiting their dribble drive penetration on route to a dominating 52-31 victory over the Cavaliers in the State Quarterfinals at Grand Blanc.

Flint Carman Ainsworth didn't help it's own cause in the first half either. The Cavaliers were one for nine from the free throw line which they trailed 27-12 at the half.

Flint Carman Ainsworth used an 8-3 run early in the third quarter cutting the Clarkston lead to ten points 30-20 but Foster Loyer hit a jumper ending the run which started the Wolves run. Clarkston went on a 22-11 run to close out the game.

The defending State Champs dominated the whole game and never looked back.

Loyer led the Wolves with 19 points, CJ Robinson had 13 points, Taylor Currie had nine points, and Nick Wells added seven points for Clarkston.

The Wolves will head back to the Breslin Center and play Warren De LaSalle on Friday afternoon in the State semifinals. The Pilots beat Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit 63-58 behind 21 points from it's star guard Luke Pfromm. The other side of the bracket will feature Holland West Ottawa and Novi.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Thoughts.

I was shocked how the outcome went and it wasn't even close. Clarkston dominated the whole game taking away the Cavaliers ability to score. Flint Carman Ainsworth was out of sync and that's a credit to the Wolves defense for shutting down the Cavaliers.

Flint Carman Ainsworth needed to be perfect but they weren't at all. Clarkston showed them why they are the defending State Champions.

Tonight wasn't close, it was a Wolves clinic and that's why Clarkston is moving onto East Lansing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.