Thursday, March 29, 2018

OAA Hodge Podge.

Written Thursday March 29th at 11:00 AM
Updated Saturday April 7th at 4:00 PM

Here is some news that is impacting the OAA landscape as most folks head onto their Spring Break plans.

Clarkston to retire Loyer's number.

The Clarkston Boys Basketball program will retire Foster Loyer's number one jersey.

Loyer's number one jersey will never again be worn for the Wolves will join Dan Fife (33), Dane Fife (12), Dugan Fife (11), Steve Seacatch (22), and Tim McCormick (40) as numbers that are retired by Clarkston.

Loyer whom has the most points in Clarkston history will be heading to Michigan State next season. He won two State Championships, was 97-6 in his four years as a Wolf, and was the second ever Clarkston Wolf to be named Mr. Basketball joining Dane Fife in that category this season.

Loyer was also named Gatorade National Player of the Year for the State of Michigan along with MLive's Player of the Year in the State of Michigan as well.

Harrison will be Community Center in 2019-2020.

We have found out what will happen to Harrison High School in two years.

The Farmington School Board voted to sell Harrison to the city of Farmington Hills for $500,000. The building will become a Community Center in 2019-2020.

Harrison will close as a school next year in 2018-2019 due to declining enrollment. The Farmington School District will have two High Schools in Farmington and North Farmington for 2019-2020.

The famous Herrington Sports complex where Harrison is at, named after coach John Herrington whom owns the most wins in State history will stay along with the trophies that the Hawks have earned as well.

The cost of renovating Harrison into a Community Center will be $27 million. City officials envision a pool, which Harrison has along with an auditorium, and other things like gym space.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest updates on future stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.