Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Poynter Out at Rochester.

Written Tuesday March 13th at 10:30 PM

It looks like there will be a change at Rochester.

Rochester will be looking for a new Girls Basketball Coach this offseason as Al Poynter has stepped down on Monday afternoon coaching the Falcons.

It will be the team's third coach in four seasons.

Rochester finished 2-19 and 2-12 in the White this season losing to Stoney Creek in the pre-districts. The Falcons will likely be heading down to the Blue next season.

Rochester is clearly a team built for the future and whomever Athletic Director Luke Beech chooses to be the next Girls Basketball Coach will need to be there long term and bring stability to a program that needs it in the worst way.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest on this developing story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.