Saturday, January 23, 2021

Week Twelve Recap.

Written Saturday January 23rd at 4:15 PM

WEST BLOOMFIELD 41, Davison 0.

West Bloomfield started the game with a fumble by Donovan Edwards in which Davison recovered the ball however the Cardinals suffered a huge hamstring injury to Harrison Unger which impacted them and especially on the defensive side of the football. Lakers safety Kyle Johnson would recover a Davison fumble a few plays later deep in West Bloomfield territory. On the next drive Edwards went 78 yards for a touchdown for a 7-0 lead. Penalties have been killing the Lakers with eight penalties. Davison’s kicking game was horrendous with two shank punts including a drive that started at the Cardinals 17 yard line but penalties and mistakes hurt the drive. Jake Ward would connect on a 39 yard field goal for a 10-0 lead. Mekhi Elam would then score on a 13 yard touchdown run to make it 17-0 Lakers. West Bloomfield would then have a bad punt but the Lakers defense took over. They took advantage of a Cardinals illegal formation penalty and would stop the Davison offense on downs keeping their 17-0 lead into halftime.

Davison started the second half with the football but linebacker Nyles King took the football off the jet sweep from Jaylen Flowers to help West Bloomfield score a defensive touchdown for the Lakers to further increase their lead to 24-0. Edwards would then strike again from 71 yards out for a 31-0 West Bloomfield lead. Edwards would add another score from 16 yards out to make it 38-0 Lakers and force the running clock. Ward added a 45 yard field goal to make it 41-0 West Bloomfield. 

That would be the final score.

Edwards finished with 14 carries for 257 yards and three touchdowns for the Lakers in his final high school game. Their lines were perfect in this game. It is their first State title in school history.

West Bloomfield coach Ron Bellamy finally has his State Championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.