Monday, January 18, 2021

Week Twelve Picks.

Written Tuesday January 19th at 12:00 AM

Here is the everyone's projection heading into the Division One State Championship Game on Saturday afternoon at Ford Field. It has been a very odd season with the pauses and the adversity that the student athletes, athletic directors and coaches have had to deal with. Anyway here are the picks for Saturday's match up and also please listen to this week's podcast with me and Locke.

SANDY DUNES: 73-26

LOCKE: 67-32

DUNLAP: 73-26

BURNEY: 71-28

STICK: 70-29

COTTER: 81-18


West Bloomfield vs. Davison: This is shaping up to be a low scoring very tight Division One State Championship game at Ford Field on Saturday afternoon. Even though this will the first meeting between the Lakers and the Cardinals on the varsity level. These two teams have met in junior varsity football action at Davison with West Bloomfield winning that game. Both of these teams are stacked with proven college prospects. The Lakers with Donovan Edwards, Alex Short, Maxwell Hairston, Dillion Tatum, Semaj Morgan, among others. The Cardinals with Dion Brown, Harry Unger, Will Watkins, Carter Cryderman, JayLen Flowers, Treavion Warren, among others. Both of these teams are well coached and have been dominant going a combined 21-1 this season. West Bloomfield has been more battle tested though. Davison brings a ton of experience and they are the defending Division One State Champions. The Cardinals have allowed 10 points against two powerhouses in Novi Detroit Catholic Central and Rockford in the last two weeks. West Bloomfield had to overcome their biggest hurdle TO DATE in the State Semifinals by beating Belleville 35-34 in double overtime. The key for the Lakers in this game is they need to find some balance. They need to have that balance against a very strong Davison defense. The key for the Cardinals is how they will stop Edwards which is everybody’s challenge in playing West Bloomfield. If this game goes to down to the kicking game then I would trust the Lakers more than Davison. This will be the best team the Cardinals have seen all season long with West Bloomfield. The Lakers have seen teams like this before. This is shaping up to be a very good game.

 

SANDY DUNES PICK: WEST BLOOMFIELD 10, DAVISON 7.

LOCKE PICK: WEST BLOOMFIELD 21, DAVISON 17.

DUNLAP PICK: WEST BLOOMFIELD 20, DAVISON 17.

BURNEY PICK: WEST BLOOMFIELD 24, DAVISON 21.

STICK PICK: WEST BLOOMFIELD 28, DAVISON 21.

COTTER PICK: WEST BLOOMFIELD 31, DAVISON 14.

My Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/user-539915961/oaa-now-01-18-21wav

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.