Thursday, January 28, 2021

Pinner retires at Clarkston.

Written Thursday January 28th at 11:00 AM

The Wolves will have a new volleyball coach this fall.

Kelly Pinner whom has been at Clarkston for 18 years announced on Twitter that she is stepping down from coaching on Thursday morning.

"18 seasons: 681-124-23, 13 league, 13 district, 3 regional, 2 final fours. None of this compares to the hundreds of wonderful souls that I have had the opportunity to coach and the passionate people that I've had the pleasure to coach with and against. Therein lies the championship" Pinner said on Twitter.

Pinner won 681 games in her coaching carrier and have made two final fours including this season when they won the Red and made the final four where they lost to Birmingham Marian in the State Semifinals two weeks ago.

She leaves behind a legacy.

Pinner took over for Gordie Richardson in 2003. She played for Richardson at Clarkston. After Richardson left then athletic director Dan Fife asked her to takeover the program.

18 years here we are.

It will be very interesting who takes over for the Wolves next season. Although it is likely that athletic director Jeff Kosin will keep the job in house. Clarkston has Skylar Judas and Paige Giethbrock coming back. 

There is a foundation in place at Clarkston.

We will see what happens but it's a huge loss for the volleyball community. 

Thoughts

I'm going to miss Pinner. She turned them into a State power. It will be interesting who Kosin chooses but will likely go in house. Pinner has had good teams come through Clarkston. The rivalry with Lake Orion stands out. It was the Dragons in 2011 that beat the Wolves in the State Semifinals but Clarkston beat Lake Orion in the district finals this season.

Pinner has been there through it all.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest on this developing story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.