Friday, November 15, 2019

Why Seaholm Has a Chance to Get to Ford Field.

Written Saturday November 16th at 12:30 AM

The magical journey of Seaholm football has came to life.

The Maples won their first regional championship since 1997 with a convincing 44-28 victory on their home field over Port Huron in the Division Two Regional Championship Game on Friday night.

They had 400 yards of total offense against the Big Reds who looked over matched.

A ton of credit has to go to Coach Jim DeWald and his coaching staff. DeWald has done a masterful job at Seaholm with what he has. His two sons Caleb and James play big roles on both sides of the football.

Chaz Strecker has been a machine this whole playoffs. He had 135 yards and three touchdowns in their shocking 42-7 blowout of Groves in the district finals. Strecker had a 91 yard kickoff return for a touchdown, a 37 yard rushing score, and caught a 39 yard touchdown pass from quarterback Caleb Knoer.

Knoer is also having a huge playoff run, only a junior. He has led this very complicated offense to postseason wins against Sterling Heights, Groves, and Port Huron thus far.

Seven players had carries in the game besides Strecker including Will McBride, Jacob Vance, and Jack Trinch reaching the endzone.

Seaholm has scored 141 points in three playoff games. The Maples have averaged 44 points per game thus far.

Seaholm will play Detroit Martin Luther King next week at a neutral site in the Division Two State Semifinals.

The pundits will say that the Maples have no chance against the Crusaders. Detroit Martin Luther King has a talented quarterback in Dante Moore, a talented running back in Peny Boone, and a very talented wide out in Marshawn Lee.

Hmm sounds familiar???

Seaholm has used the term why not us, they have been here before. Just ask Groves that very same question. The Maples had lost six straight years and seven straight games to the Falcons until two weeks ago.

The Maples had seen teams like Groves and Oak Park in the White that are similar to the Crusaders from a talent perspective.

The Maples veer offense will pose problems for Detroit Martin Luther King. Not many teams run the veer in the Detroit Public School League. The Crusaders have never seen a veer attack like the one they will see next weekend.

Anytime you play for each other it's a huge advantage. Seaholm is not the biggest or flashiest team. They find ways to get it done.

That's all you need to make a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.