Saturday, November 16, 2019

Week Twelve Recap.

Written Saturday November 16th at 4:25 PM

SEAHOLM 44, Port Huron 28:

The Maples took home their first regional title since 1997 with a 44-28 victory over Port Huron. Seaholm had over 400 yards of total offense against the Big Reds. The Maples will move onto the State Semifinals and play Detroit Martin Luther King next week.

More on Seaholm check my blog article on them.

Belleville 27, WEST BLOOMFIELD 22:

The Lakers used the no huddle offense and the team’s defense was stout early against the Tigers on Saturday afternoon. Things started with a safety by Cornell Wheeler and then the offense got going with touchdown scores from CJ Harris to Michael Williams along with a rushing score from Donovan Edwards making the score 15-0 at the time. West Bloomfield had a fumble recovery on the kickoff from Max Hairston but they couldn’t score on that drive. The Tigers answered on their next drive as they scored on a 55 yard rushing touchdown on a fourth down and one to make the score 15-7. Belleville would get another score off a 30 yard touchdown pass to make it 15-13 heading into the half. Belleville would dominate the second half eventually taking a 27-15 lead but Harris and the Lakers didn’t cave as Harris found Edwards to make it a 27-22 game late and then would get the onside kick. West Bloomfield could not get the winning score thus falling to the Tigers for the second straight year 27-22. The Lakers have a solid foundation coming back next season. They will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.