Saturday, November 2, 2019

Football Thoughts After Week Ten.

Written Saturday November 2nd at 9:20 PM

Here are my thoughts about each team after Week Ten.

Seaholm: The Maples had a shootout with Sterling Heights on Friday night but they managed to get a hard earned win over the Stallions. Seaholm will seek their first district title since 2001 if they can beat their arch rival Groves next week. The Maples have lost seven straight to the Falcons.

Groves: The Falcons got an unexpected bye after what happened with the hazing incident that occurred at Warren De LaSalle but they will get ready to play arch rival Seaholm next week in the district final. The Falcons have won seven straight meetings over their 13 Mile rivals.

Oak Park: What happened to the Knights offense against Farmington on Friday night??? I can’t believe that Oak Park only scored six points against Farmington despite playing a tougher schedule. The Knights lose a lot of talent especially up front. Oak Park will be a team to keep an eye on this offseason.

Farmington: The Falcons sent a huge statement by beating Oak Park on Friday night. Farmington’s defense is legit as shown in that game. The Falcons will have a home game as they will host Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit for the district crown. Farmington will need more offensively if they want to beat the Cubs next week.

North Farmington: The Raiders had six turnovers which included five interceptions in a shocking loss to Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit on Saturday afternoon. North Farmington has lost eight straight playoff games. They had a successful season which included their first unbeaten season since 1978 and making the playoffs for the first time since 2013. It will be interesting to see what happens with the Raiders next season.

Adams: The Highlanders were shell shocked by Utica Eisenhower at Sweinhart Field on Friday night as they were shut out for the first time this season. Adams could not get anything going against a very stout Eagles defense and a very good Utica Eisenhower offense. The Highlanders lose a ton of talent but they could be back in the mix next season.

Stoney Creek: The Cougars are better than their record indicates as shown against a very good Lake Orion squad on Friday night. Stoney Creek dominated time of possession and had more plays than the Dragons but they had opportunities they didn’t capitalize on which cost them. The Cougars are going to be very scary next season.

Lake Orion: The Dragons especially their defense had to survive Stoney Creek on Friday night on their home field. Lake Orion was dominated in time of possession but they found a way to win. The Dragons will have another tough opponent next week in Utica Eisenhower for the district crown. The Eagles are very good and talented as well. Lake Orion is going have to play better if they want to make a run in the postseason.

West Bloomfield: The Lakers had no problem with Plymouth Canton on Friday night after a very strong second half. West Bloomfield will head to the district final and play Plymouth in the Swamp. The Lakers need to stay loose and focused and not look ahead to either Belleville or Brownstown Woodhaven in the regional.

My Podcast
https://soundcloud.com/user-539915961/oaa-now-11-04-19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.