Saturday, November 23, 2019

Week Thirteen Recap.

Written Saturday November 23rd at 8:25 PM

Detroit Martin Luther King 60, SEAHOLM 17:

The Maples could not keep up with Detroit Martin Luther King or their high octane offense on Saturday afternoon at Novi as they gave up 60 points in a stunning 60-17 blowout in the Division Two State Semifinals. Seaholm trailed 34-3 at half and had trouble with the bigger and talented Crusaders squad. The Maples conclude their season at 9-4.

The Maples were in their first State Semifinal since 1997 could not get anything going as mentioned in that game. Seaholm had a ton of success this season, not only in the White but especially in the postseason where they had to beat Sterling Heights, Port Huron, and their biggest win at Beverly Hills when they snapped a seven game, six year losing streak when they beat Groves.

Seaholm has a ton to be proud of this season.

Maples Girls Swimming and Diving Takes Home A State Title.

The Maples brought the OAA a second straight State Championship by taking home the Division Two State Championship on Saturday evening at Oakland University.

Seaholm beat Grosse Pointe South and Groves for the crown. The Falcons finished in third place.

It's the fifth State Championship for the program with their most recent being in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.