Friday, November 8, 2019

Football Thoughts After Week Eleven.

Written Saturday November 9th at 12:45 AM

Seaholm: The Maples did a ton of things in their shocking 42-7 upset of their city rivals on the road in Beverly Hills. They beat them for the first time since 2013, snapped a seven game losing streak to their city rival, and won their first district title since 2001. Talk about happiness for coach Jim DeWald’s group. Seaholm will host Port Huron next week.

Groves: The Falcons defense had a hard time on Friday night against Seaholm and it showed in their shocking 42-7 loss on Friday night. Groves had allowed 90 points in their last two games, both losses however this one ended their season. The Falcons finish at 9-2 on the season. They lose a ton of talent next season so it will be interesting to see what happens next season.

Farmington: The Falcons saw their season come to an end in a disappointing 11-10 loss to Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit on Friday night on their home field. Farmington’s defense was stout all night but their offense could not get it going against the Cubs defense. The Falcons lose 28 seniors next year as they finish with an 8-2 record.

Lake Orion: The Dragons saw their season end on Friday night at the hands of Utica Eisenhower 27-20 on their home field. Lake Orion’s pass defense was exposed in the game as the Eagles had three passing scores on the night. Penalties also didn’t help the Dragons cause as they had 11 penalties on the night. Lake Orion ends their season with a 9-2 record but they should be in the mix come next season.

West Bloomfield: The Lakers saw their starting quarterback CJ Harris get hurt in their game with Plymouth on Friday night in the Swamp but Donovan Edwards played quarterback and scored four touchdowns in their 35-0 rout of the Wildcats. West Bloomfield will have a rematch with Belleville on the road next week but it’s unknown if Harris will play in that game. The Tigers beat the Lakers 13-10 last season in the same round.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.