Sunday, November 10, 2019

2019 Volleyball Regional Preview.

Written Sunday November 10th at 11:50 AM

Here is my insight and preview heading into the regional rounds.

Region 2 @ Stoney Creek

TROY vs WEST BLOOMFIELD
LAKE ORION vs STONEY CREEK

THOUGHTS/INSIGHT: This is an All Red Regional at Stoney Creek. These four teams have seen each other this season not only in league but in tournaments as well. The host Cougars are the early favorite on paper because of home court and experience. Stoney Creek is ranked ninth in the State in Division One. They beat Utica Eisenhower, survive Adams, and beat Rochester on the Falcons home floor to win their district. The defending Division One State Champion Dragons are an honorable mention in Division One and they are in this regional. Lake Orion had to go through a very tough district and earned wins over sixth ranked Clarkston, Holly, and honorable mention Oxford in their district on their home floor. The Colts are here after beating tenth ranked Bloomfield Hills in the district finals on their home floor. The Lakers are also here after winning their district on their home floor by beating Walled Lake Western and Walled Lake Central. This will be a fun district to keep an eye on.

PREDICTION: Hmm home court seems to matter in districts and three of these teams won on their home floors. Lake Orion blew a 2-0 lead at Stoney Creek in the regular season and the Cougars have wins over Troy and West Bloomfield. I always believe in experience and home court, Stoney Creek has that in this regional. PICK: STONEY CREEK.

Region 15 @ St. Clair Shores South Lake

Detroit Cesar Chavez Academy vs Harper Woods Chandler Park Academy
FERNDALE vs Warren Regina

THOUGHTS/INSIGHT: This is setting up to be a very interesting regional. The Eagles are back to back district champions after winning a classic five game set over Detroit Communication and Media Arts. Detroit Cesar Chavez Academy and Harper Woods Chandler Park Academy are very strong teams wanting to make some noise. Warren Regina plays in the always competitive Catholic League. This regional in St. Clair Shores is for sure to be an interesting one.

PREDICTION: There aren’t no State ranked teams here in Division Two in this regional. If Ferndale wants to make that next step in Coach Stella Johnstone’s second season why not win this regional. It looks manageable on paper. Warren Regina will be a tough team for the Eagles and if they win that then a clash with Harper Woods Chandler Park Academy or Detroit Cesar Chavez looms. I like the Aztecs to get to the State Quarterfinals over a very good Eagles squad. PICK: DETROIT CESAR CHAVEZ ACADEMY.

My Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKOZ6UNEPDI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.