Monday, March 13, 2017

Kim Named New Volleyball Coach at Oxford.

Written Monday March 13th at 5:00 PM

The Wildcats have a new Volleyball coach in Brian Kim.

Kim was named the new coach of the Wildcats succeeding LaToria Thomas. He will be Oxford’s third coach in five seasons. Kim was head coach at Madison Heights Bishop Foley from 2008-2013 where his team won the Catholic League in 2011 and went to the State Quarterfinals.

Kim said in his press release that he wanted to make the Wildcats a volleyball premiere program in Oakland County. “I’m very excited for the opportunity to coach at Oxford High School. I am looking forward to opening a new chapter in my coaching career and to building a volleyball program to become one of the premier programs in the Oakland County region. It’s going to be a challenge but I can’t wait to get started” Kim said.

Kim will have Paige Briggs returning this season for the Wildcats.

Kim will have a lot of competition when you look at the word premiere program and also being in one of the toughest divisions in the State, the Red. Oxford’s two neighboring rivals Clarkston and Orion are State ranked powers along with Stoney Creek, Seaholm, and Bloomfield Hills. It will be interesting to see how Kim’s teams matches up with the Big Five of the Red this season.

Thoughts.

This is an interesting hire for the Wildcats to hire Kim. I'm curious how he will adjust to being in a big school and how he will adjust to life in the Red.

Oxford is in a very tough division with Orion, Bloomfield Hills, Clarkston, Seaholm, and Stoney Creek and is in a district with Clarkston and Orion. It won't be an easy road for Kim's teams to say the least.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest updates on this developing story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.