Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Boys State Quarterfinal Recap.

Written Tuesday Match 21st at 9:20 PM

Well the OAA is guaranteed a spot in the Class A. State Final this Saturday for a second straight season but who will it be??? North Farmington got to the State Final last season, losing to Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit. There will be a new champion as the defending State Champion Cubs lost 66-63 to Romulus at Calahan Hall in the early game of the State Quarterfinal. In one State semifinal, it will be Grand Rapids Christian taking on Romulus, in the other it will be Clarkston taking on West Bloomfield.

The Wolves and Lakers met twice this season as both teams were in the Red. Clarkston won both meetings 59-48 on January 31st at Clarkston and 68-61 on February 28th at West Bloomfield.

West Bloomfield Outscores Troy 46-19 in Second Half to Get to First State Semifinal since 2003.

The Lakers used the three-point shot along with strong 20-2 third quarter to destroy the Colts 80-43 in the State Quarterfinals on Tuesday night at Calahan Hall on the campus of Detroit-Mercy. Kevin McAdoo was sensational for West Bloomfield scoring 23 points, Tyler Davis added 17 points, and Daniel Wrack scored 16 points for the Lakers. West Bloomfield also beat Troy 64-61 on February 9th on the road.

Leon Ayers had nine points and Robert Banis had eight points for the Colts whom made the State Quarterfinal for the first time since 1989.

The Lakers will play Clarkston on Friday afternoon at the Breslin Center at 1 PM.

I did not see this score coming, I thought the game would be a lot closer than the score indicated but the third quarter was the difference with West Bloomfield outscoring Troy 20-2 in the third quarter and 26-17 in the fourth quarter (46-19 second half) to make this game a blowout.

I think the Colts will be back next season, Jason Dietz and Ayers will be seniors and there is plenty of talent and motivation to get back where they were at this season. Troy will be back.

Clarkston Rolls Past Saginaw to get to First State Semifinal since 2009.

The Wolves had little trouble with Saginaw as their defense especially in the middle quarters were the difference in the game as they hammered the Trojans 70-50 in the State Quarterfinals on Tuesday night at Davison. Foster Loyer had 27 points, CJ Robinson had 13 points, and Dylan Alderson had 21 points in his return to Davison. Alderson played for the Cardinals for two seasons before transferring to Clarkston after his sophomore year. The Big Three of Robinson, Alderson, and Loyer combined for 61 of the Wolves 70 points on the night.

The Wolves will play West Bloomfield on Friday afternoon at the Breslin Center at 1 PM.

I saw this score coming and it was to no surprise. This is not a vintage Saginaw team from the past. This maybe Clarkston’s best team they have ever had when you look at the talent and depth the Wolves have. The Trojans did not have an answer for the Big Three in Alderson, Robinson, and Loyer. Loyer and Robinson will be seniors, Taylor Currie will be a junior, and Matt Nicholson is expected to be on Varsity next season as well. The Wolves will be good for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.